When I first got my hands on the new catalog and had time to go through it, there were three stamps sets that I knew instantly I wanted. Does that happen for you? I like almost all of them but sometimes a set just stops me in my tracks.
Today’s card uses one of those sets…it’s called Choose Happiness. Here’s the card…
While playing with ideas for the layout of this card, I was flipping through the DSP Paper Stack All A Bloom and this pattern just screamed happiness to me. This stamp set also contains a beautiful script saying I plan to use next. Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for this card in case you’d like to give it a try…
- Paper: Strawberry Slush and Whisper White DSP, All A Bloom Paper Stack
- Ink: Blushing Bride, Strawberry Slush and Pistachio Pudding
- Stamps: All A Bloom
- Tools and Embellishments: Apothecary Accents Framelits, Starburst Framelits, Linen Thread, Pearls, Crystal Effects (on the bird)
- The Strawberry Slush cardstock is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Whisper White layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- The DSP layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″
- The Apothecary Accents framelit was cut out twice in Strawberry Slush and one piece was cut in half and glued a little outside on each side to create a background for the sentiment.
- Banners were cut from strips of DSP and cardstock and the ends punched with a square punch
- The white layer over the DSP starburst framelit is punched with a 2 1/2″ punch
- After stamping the bird in Blushing Bride, it was “fussy cut” and covered in Crystal Effects. After it dried it was attached with dimensionals.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Be sure to come back often to see what’s new here at Rambling Rose Studio.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…”Always remember…it’s better to arrive late than to arrive ugly.”
Hope your are inky and you chose to be HaPpY today!