Is there anything better than a chocolate birthday cake? Seriously, I don’t think so.
And the one I have for you today will not add a pound anywhere…
Can you tell there is a little round dimension to the cake? Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Whisper White 3 1/2″ x 5″ notecard, Bermuda Bay and Whisper White cardstock.
- Ink: Early Expresso, Memento Black and Watermelon Wonder
- Stamps: Build A Birthday
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Itty Bitty Flower Punch, Basic Pearls, Watermelon Wonder Lace Ribbon
- Whisper White 3 1/2″ x 5″ notecard
- Bermuda Bay layer is 3 1/4″ x 4 3/4″
- The Whisper White embossed layer is 3 1/8″ x 4 5/8″
- The Whisper White sentiment is 1 1/4″ x 2 1/4″
- The cake layers were stamped on Whisper White with Early Expresso and “fussy cut”
- The Cake stand was stamped on Whisper White and “fussy cut”. Cut the stand and the platter apart so you can add sticky tape to back of platter and “pleat” the lace ribbon on the back then cover with a strip of dimensional for attaching later.
- Attach the Bermuda Bay layer to card front with adhesive
- Paint with a brayer the front side (with SU! logo) of the embossing folder with Bermuda Bay. Add Whisper White layer and run through Big Shot. Add to Bermuda Bay layer with adhesive.
- Add cake stand (not platter part with lace) to card front with Tomboy Glue.
- Add platter with dimensional strip to top of stand
- Attach a dimensional to each end of the three cake layers. When placing on card, stick one side of cake layer and slightly bend before attaching the remaining side. Add each layer this way and your cake looks rounded.
- Stamp sentiment, flag end of paper and add to top of cake with dimensionals.
- Punch flowers from Watermelon Wonder cardstock. Punch with blunt end of piercing tool on piercing mat to “curl” and add pearls to centers of five flowers and a glue dot to each back. Place on cake layers.
- Add larger Basic Pearls to cake stand platter.
This was a fun card to make. It just sort of evolved after I decided to make a chocolate cake.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I will be parked here…
Come on over and get inky…you will be HaPpY!