The Cool Treats stamp set is much like the Lift Me Up hot air balloon set in that they are both non-gender or age specific…Which means I find myself pulling them out more and more for cards.
The post today is also one we will be making in class on Monday…I’m pretty sure my stamping peeps will like this one. It looks good enough to eat!
Seriously…can you think of anyone that wouldn’t like this type of card? Me neither!
a close of the glue on the chocolate and cherry…
So let’s make one of these cards…
Here’s the Stuff “N Digits…
- Paper: Chocolate Chip (of course!), Thick Whisper White, Pool Party, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Watermelon Wonder, Early Espresso and Peekaboo Peach Cardstock, plus Tasty Treats Specialty Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Early Espresso
- Stamps: Cool Treats
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Thin Tipped Glue Pen, 1/2″ Pool Party Ribbon, Linen Thread and Frozen Treats Framelits Dies plus Corner Rounder
- The Chocolate Chip base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The three DSP pieces on the card front are 1-1/2″ x 3-7/8″. Round top and bottom outside corners on two of the three. Add to card front with SNAIL.
- The Pool Party layer is 5-1/2″ x 1-3/4″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The Whisper White layer is 1-5/8″ x 5-1/2″. Stamp sentiment in Early Espresso and attach over top of Pool Party layer with SNAIL
- Punch all pieces to build ice cream cone and cherry. Add Thin Tipped Glue to cherry and Early Espresso pieces and set aside to dry.
- Attach a band of ribbon around bottom of these two layers and attach inside with multipurpose glue. SNAIL wouldn’t hold this ribbon. Make a bow with several loops and tie in center with Linen Thread. Attach over ribbon band with glue dots.
- Assemble ice cream cone with multipurpose glue. Add to card front with dimensionals. Add cherry with multipurpose glue at sentiment.
- Inside there is a layer of Pool Party 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ attached with SNAIL and a layer of Thick Whisper White 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ attached with SNAIL over the Pool Party layer. Add sentiment in Early Espresso.
- It would be cute to add DSP to the flap of the envelope to coordinate with the card front too.
I hope you enjoyed this post today and I’d like to take a minute to thank those of you who have been so nice to order from my online store. Hope you have all received your gift of appreciation in the mail.
Still no baby…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Hope you are staying inky and HaPpY!