There has been a lot of whining going on around here from SOME people (don’t look at me!) about the rain…
LOTS of rain.
Like nine straight days of it…lots of it.
But last night after a quick and strong storm went through…
Now that has to be a message from Noah saying the rain is over!
Today’s card features the ever versatile Sheltering Tree (why do we all love tress so much?), but this time there are a couple of differences you might notice.
Someone (Jayne) commented to me she didn’t like how the trunk and limbs of the tree were always so prominent even after the leaves were stamped and asked how to fix that. So today this card will show one way to minimize the trunk and limbs of the tree by using Versamark ink and embossing powder. The intention was to imply a cherry blossom tree, but this method certainly covers most of the limbs and upper trunk. What do you think?
Of course you could always use a lighter color tone for the tree or stamp off before stamping the tree with a darker color. This is wonderful set to have in your stash. Personally this card would be used for an illness, recouping or sympathy. It would also serve for missing someone or even a birthday.
So here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you in case you’d like to create a similar card…
- Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White and Calypso Coral cardstock
- Ink: Calypso Coral, Old Olive, Early Expresso, Memento Black, Crisp Cantaloupe and Versamark
- Stamps: Sheltering Tree
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Calypso Coral Embossing Powder, 3/8″ Calypso Coral Ribbon, Acrylic Block E and water spritzer
- The Calypso Coral base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The Basic Black layer is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- The Whisper White layer is 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Color the Acrylic E Block with the Crisp Cantaloupe and Old Olive markers, spritz with water and stamp. Hold for a few seconds so the ink can soak into the cardstock.
- Stamp the tree in Early Expresso
- Stamp leaves with Versamark…be sure your stamp pad is well inked. Sprinkle with Calypso Coral EP and heat
- Stamp sentiment in Memento Black
- Adhere Whisper White layer to Basic Black layer.
- Tie ribbon around bottom of this layer and add to card front.
- Inside there is a 3 1/2 x 4″ piece of Whisper White with the same tree partially stamped in the lower left corner.
- You can see the envelope coordinates with the card front too.
- Don’t forget your personalized stamp on the card back.
This card is gorgeous in its simplicity and a great one to have on hand.
Hope you enjoyed today’s post and you’ll give this one a try. I’d personally love it if you’d use my “Shop Now” button to order your supplies is you don’t already have a demo. Should you need catalogs…let me know and I’ll get them to you.
And for those of you who may be thinking of representing SU! products, there’s room on my team of talented demos!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
and good karma will find you.
Let’s get inky…and Be HaPpY!