Today’s card post would be perfect to send for so many different occasions…it’s a great one to have on hand.
If you haven’t seen the video on how to use dry pigment color and are interested, check my Rambling Rose Studio Facebook page and look under videos. That was filmed “live” a week or so ago. And while you are there, click on the “like/follow” button. I need 44 more “likes” to reach a goal I had set for myself!
Here’s today’s card…
and a close up of the water color paper…
A turn your head view…
and one more…
A day to celebrate could be just about anything don’t you think? Sometimes I will take an afternoon and devote my time to creating just backgrounds in some of my favorite color combinations. One of my favorite techniques is using water color paper, Ken Oliver’s Color Burst (Amazon) and a water spritzer. This is an easy technique (check out the video) and creates beautiful backgrounds that cannot be duplicated…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock and water color paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: So In Love
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 3/8″ Emerald Envy Satin Ribbon, Window Box Thinlits Dies, Adhesive Strip
- Cut the Thick Whisper White CS base 4-1/4″ x 11″, score, fold and burnish at 5-1/2″
- Cut another piece of Thick Whisper White 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. Punch Window Box top at top center of this piece. Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black. Cut a piece of Emerald Envy Ribbon 7″ and tie a loose knot in center. Add SNAIL to each end and attach at back of this layer.
- Using water color paper and a spritzer moisten the paper well and blow the dry pigment on the paper in any direction and color that you love. Let dry. Cut a piece 3-1/2″ square and attach to back of die cut. Attach this layer to the card front with Adhesive Strips.
- Inside I place a small 4-1/4″ x 1/2″ piece of the watercolored paper.
So do you agree this would be a good all occasion card to have on hand?
After all those directions yesterday on the Seaside piece, this one is fairly simple but no less dramatic.
Go watch that video…I can’t do it cause I hate listening to myself talk…yak, yak, yak!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY!