Alright, I bet you have seen the cards where the image appears to move. I can tell you the first time I saw this stamp set in motion was at OnStage in Savannah this past Spring. We were all “ooing and ahhing” when it was demonstrated. I couldn’t wait to make a card with it.
However, this set was not on the demonstrator pre-order, so I had to wait until the first week of June.
Here’s a little video…
This is an awesome interactive card!
Waiting to fly…
A glamour close up
The new Circle Tab Punch and the stamp set Tabs for Everything make the perfect tab to pull to make the butterfly flutter.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for this interactive card…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Old Olive, Pool Party Cardstock plus Petal Garden Designer Series Paper Stack
- Ink: Calypso Coral, Bermuda Bay and Pool Party
- Stamps: You Move Me and Tabs for Everything
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Circle Tab Punch, 3/4″ Circle Punch, Move Me Thinlits Dies, Linen Thread, 3/8″ Pool Party Ribbon,
- The Pool Party base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- Cut the shutters and the tab opening with thinlit dies. Use the Precision Plate for the shutter opening. Add Strip Adhesive along the left side and along the right side of the shutter opening and at the right card side. This creates a channel for the butterfly to move easily up and down.
- Color the sentiment stamp with marker and stamp on scrap Thick Whisper White CS. Trim to 1-1/8″ x 2-5/8″. Add under shutter with SNAIL.
- Cut a piece of Old Olive CS 2″ x 4″. Cut the DSP 1-7/8″ x 3-7/8″. Add to Old Olive with SNAIL. Add a piece of ribbon to top of this layer attaching with SNAIL at back. Make a bow with several loops tying in center with Linen Thread. Add over ribbon band with glue dots. Add both layers to card front with SNAIL.
- Cut butterfly from Thick Whisper White using thinlits. Add to card front with dimensionals.
- Cut the butterfly panel 3″ x 4-1/8″. Stamp larger butterfly slightly lower than center in darkest color. Add lighter color aligning in the spaces between the darker shade. If you don’t get it perfect, the butterfly will still fly…not to worry.
- Punch the tab with Tab Punch from Calypso Coral. Stamp on scrap Whisper White the arrow and the word “this”. Punch with 3/4″ circle punch and add to tab with SNAIL. Add tab to top of butterfly piece with SNAIL.
For the biggest smile, pull the butterfly up and watch it flutter!
I’m not sure who designs these stamps, but I’m pretty sure they are amazing people.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Stay inky…Be HaPpY!