Wouldn’t it be wonderful to be in Paris, France, for your birthday? Outdoor cafes, the Eiffel Tower in the background…
Let’s get real. How about a card that looks like Paris? That I can do…
Doesn’t this remind you of an outdoor café maybe in Paris?
Can you see inside the window?
This card is a tri-fold so you can open the window and be inside the café.
How clever to create a framelit to just cut away the top portion of the table and chairs…seriously!
Paris is one place I have never been…maybe someday. But if you’d like to take someone away on their birthday with this card, here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock plus Petal Passion Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black and Pool Party
- Stamps: Charming Café’
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Blends Pens for coloring stamping, Linen Thread, Calypso Coral Seam Binding (retired), Café Builder Framelits Dies, “E” Acrylic Block
- Cut two 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ base cards. Score, fold and burnish at 4-1/4″
- Cover one card front with DSP cut 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ adhering with multipurpose glue. Cut away just the center part of the floral oval from the card front center. If you were to use both pieces you wouldn’t have a place to attach the flower piece to.
- Stamp the floral oval on scrap Thick Whisper White and add color with Blends Pens or Markers if you’d rather. Use both sides of the oval framelit and cut this out. The floral pattern is the same at top and bottom so you can’t get it wrong when placing the framelit. Add this frame to your card front with multipurpose glue.
- Make a bow with several loops then tie off center with Linen Thread. Attach to card front below oval and centered with glue dots.
- Now inside this card with the oval opening using an “E” Acrylic Block and Pool Party Ink Pad, ink up on side of block. Spritz with water and smoosh it on the inside panel of the card with the oval opening.
- Working now with the second 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ Thick Whisper White piece scored at 4-1/4″. This piece will open opposite the previous piece (from the left instead from the right). Lay this card front inside the oval opening card and lightly mark with pencil the oval opening.
- Using your pencil marks for placement, stamp the table and chairs. Color with Blends Pens or Markers. Use the very clever framelit that just cuts away the cardstock at the top of this image.
- Stamp a couple of topiary trees on scrap Thick Whisper White, color and cut with framelit. Add multipurpose glue to just the back of the flower pot then add to each side of chairs.
- Add SNAIL to the inside of the table card and place it behind the back of the first card with the oval opening.
- Add your sentiment inside the oval opening card so that it reads through the opening over the table and chairs.
- We made it to Paris!
- On the envelope I stamped and colored one topiary tree and covered the envelope flap with the same DSP used on the card front.
I’m in love with this card…
How are all your Christmas preparations coming? Things are a little chaotic this week but should calm down for traveling next week to share Christmas with “the littles”.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
works for me.
Come get inky with me and be HaPpY!