The result from last week’s birthday surprises is a stack of thank you cards….fun to make and written with lots of gratitude and love.
I hadn’t planned on making two colors, but a phone call distracted me and the embossing paste dried. So I made a new batch and started over.
I love the way some of the Calypso Coral hung out on my handmade stencil and transferred with the green.
I thought the contrasting colors would really pop…and they do!
Have you tried the Embossing Paste yet? It is simple to use and easy to clean up with a little beforehand prep. If you are using a reuseable stencil, have a small tray of water handy to drop it in. You can also drop the Palette Knife in there too when you’re finished.
So let’s do this…
Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: I used SU! 3-1/2″ x 5″ Whisper White Notecards, plus Old Olive and Pool Party Cardstock
- Ink: Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise, Calypso Coral and Lemon Lime Twist
- Stamps: Oh So Eclectic
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Embossing Paste, Palette Knife, Stencil, Seasonal Layers Framelits. If you want to use the framelit to make your own stencil you’ll need the Eclectic Layers Thinlits and watercolor paper. Thick Whisper White CS might work.
- The Old Olive layer is 2-7/8″ x 4-3/8″ attached with SNAIL to Whisper White notecard.
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 2-3/8″ x 4-1/4″. With your water tray ready, mix a small amount of Embossing Paste with your choice of reinker. Secure stencil in place over this layer. Apply paste over stencil like icing a cake using the palette knife. Scrape away any extra paste. Drop stencil and palette knife in water tray.
- Remove stencil and let dry. This happens quickly.
- On scrap Thick Whisper White stamp flower in Pool Party and over stamp with line art in Tempting Turquoise or whatever color choices you have made. Cut out with coordinating framelit.
- Cut one stem from Seasonal Layers and one set of leaves from Eclectic Layers in Old Olive. Add to card front with dots of multipurpose glue and weight it down with a block to dry. You will need to trim “stem” to fit your card and flower.
- Add flower with dimensionals. Stamp sentiment on scrap Thick Whisper White in Tempting Turquoise and trim to 1/2″ x 1-1/2″. Tag one end. Add a Pool Party layer 5/8″ x 1-5/8″. Tag one end. Add to card front with dimensionals.
- Then add your own sweet personal thank you…
How your Friday is going super!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Yay! Let it go…
And stay inky…you’ll be HaPpY!