Continuing to work with the Waterfront stamp set, today’s post is a cold winter’s night scene.
Like yesterdays reflection post, this card would be perfect for all occasions including Christmas, masculine birthday, sympathy and thinking of you…
This card was stamped on Night of Navy, but I also made one on Dapper Denim.
A glamour close up…
That moon is just peeking over the tree tops.
There is no masking to create this scene and you will be surprised how quickly this card comes together.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Night of Navy Cardstock
- Ink: Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Waterfront
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Silver Baker’s Twine, Opaque White Watercolor or White Craft Ink Refill
- The Night of Navy base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score, bold and burnish at 4-1/4″.
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL.
- The top Night of Navy layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Paint the moon/sun stamp with White Opaque Watercolor or White Craft Ink thinned with water and stamp in position. Let dry or heat dry.
- Stamp trees in Archival Basic Black one full strength and several times going upwards without reinking across the middle 1/3 of the card front. Try to get some tree tops over part of the moon.
- Using a small paint brush or Aqua Painter add your “snow” to the ground stamp at the tree bases. You can add additional snow where you feel it needs it.
- I used an Aqua Painter loaded with the opaque white watercolor and the lid to splatter the whole card front. Let dry.
- Add Silver Baker’s Twine to bottom of card front. Add to card base using multipurpose glue and weight til dry.
How easy and how beautiful is that? I’ll have more samples with this little set in coming weeks. I think I’m in love with this set!
Three days and counting…we are leaving at 4 a.m. Friday morning to spend Christmas with our son’s family which includes “the littles”! Am I ready? Nooooooooo. But I will be!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
nothing worse than a twisted tutu!
Come get inky with me and be HaPpY!