Today’s post is another gift idea that would work for most occasions (just in case you get caught behind the ball rather than on it). This would be the perfect gift bag to have on hand…
How pretty is that paper? This bag is 3-3/4″ wide, 2″ deep and 9″ tall…
Glamour close up…
Side view showing embellishments.
You could definitely make this bag 12″ tall, but I used the extra DSP to make that border which is actually the flip side of this paper in the new Incolor, Tranquil Tide.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Tranquil Tide Cardstock, plus Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Tranquil Tide and Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Delightful Daisy and Label Me Pretty
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Gift Bag Punch Board, Hole Punch, Delightful Daisy Punch, Pretty Label Punch, Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies and 5/8″ Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon and Linen Thread
- Cut DSP 9″ on one side. Follow directions on Gift Bag Punch Board for Large Bag. Fold on all score lines and attach with Tear Tape or Fast Fuze.
- Using Scallop Framelit from Seasonal Layers Thinlits cut one side of the 3″ piece you cut away from 12″ DSP paper. Attach to top of gift bag with Tear Tape and score on existing score lines.
- Punch two holes at top to thread ribbon through and tie in a knot. Trim ends.
- Stamp two daisies on scrap Thick Whisper White CS in Tranquil Tide and punch out with Delightful Daisy Punch. Curl petals using bone folder. Attach flowers with dimensional being sure to rotate the petals. Add to bag with dimensionals.
- Stamp border (Archival Basic Black) and sentiment (Tranquil Tide) on scrap Thick Whisper White. Trim close to border with snips. Punch another label from Tranquil Tide CS, punch both layers with small circle punch then layer together with dimensionals. Thread with Linen Thread and loop around daisy.
Think I’ll go back through my DSP stash that is retiring and make up some of these bags to have on hand…
Today Sweetums and I are winging our way to New York City to meet up with our son’s family and surprise Lyla for her tenth birthday. Our flight this morning was at 5:45 a.m.! And I know we will be too excited to be tired. I’ll post pics when I get home Monday.
You have a great weekend whatever your plans are!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Found this pillow while shopping last week.
Hope it brought a smile. Stay inky…Be HaPpY!