Stamping with a framelit seems impossible. What really happened was I made a stamp using fun foam and a framelit to create a stamp that looks like this…
Pretty, right? I’ll try to show you the Wink of Stella in another shot, but just wanted you to see the “stamp” that was used.
and the inside and dimension…
You can see there is a small piece of the water colored paper inside to coordinate with the card front.
How I wish I were a better photographer…Wink of Stella can be a stinker to photograph. Trust me, this butterfly is so beautiful and sparkly in person.
Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Daffodil Delight Cardstock plus Water color paper.
- Ink: Archival Basic Black and Daffodil Delight
- Stamps: All Things Thanks, Touches of Texture
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Bold Butterfly Framelits, Butterflies Thinlits, Wink of Stella (Gold), Ken Oliver’s Color Burst (Amazon) and Fun Foam (Hobby Lobby)
- Let’s color the 4″ x 6″ piece of water color paper first. The only two colors I used were Lemon Yellow and Alizarin Crimson. I started with the yellow and sprayed the water color paper, then added the red pigment before spritzing with water. Let this dry well.
- Now to make your own stamp. Cut three butterflies from Fun Foam and glue together with multipurpose glue. Add a small amount of glue to one side of stamp so that it will cling to your acrylic block well.
- Stamp the new stamp on the water colored paper with Archival Basic Black ink and cut out with the Bold Butterfly Framelit. Add the Gold Wink of Stella without going over the black ink.
- The base Thick Whisper White card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The Daffodil Delight layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black. Stamp the spray of dots from Touches of Texture at bottom right corner a couple of times in Daffodil Delight.
- Add a piece of Adhesive Strip down center of Butterfly and attach over dots at bottom right. Add this layer to card front with SNAIL.
- Inside there is a Daffodil Delight layer 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ with a Whisper White layer over that 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. The Touch of Texture dots stamps was used at the bottom of the Whisper White layer in Daffodil Delight. A small strip of the water colored paper was attached across the bottom to coordinate with the card front.
Thanks for stopping in today to take a peek. This post may give you an idea or two about how you use your framelits…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Stay inky…be HaPpY!