Starting to think toward Spring and all the fun of Easter baskets…so I took advantage of SU!’s Mini Egg Cartons on page 18 of the Occasions Catalog. Do you realize these will be gone at the end of May?
Here’s one of the cartons all dressed up for Easter…
Now I didn’t color this carton, but have colored others (which I’ll show you in the next days) with a spritzer filled 3/4 full with rubbing alcohol and ten or so drops of reinker. They look adorable as you will see, but I also love this natural color too.
A little close up shot…
And inside eggs filled with sweets for the sweet…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for this one…
- Paper: Sweet Sugar Plum, and Thick Whisper White Cardstock, plus Oh So Succulent Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Sweet Sugar Plum and Rich Razzleberry
- Stamps: Birthday Blooms (sentiment) and Best Birds (background)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Mint Macaron 5/8″ Mini Striped Ribbon, Lace Doily, Corner Rounder, Basic Pearls, Line Thread, Succulent Framelits Dies, Decorative Label Punch and Mini Egg Cartons. From big box store: grass and plastic eggs
- The Sweet Sugar Plum layer on the egg carton top is 2-3/4″ square with corners rounded and attached to top with multipurpose glue.
- The Oh So Succulent DSP is 2-5/8″ square with corners rounded and attached to Sweet Sugar Plum layer with SNAIL
- The Lace Doily is attached on top of the DSP with multipurpose glue.
- The Mint Macaron 5/8″ ribbon is tied around the top only.
- The label is punched from Sweet Sugar Plum and cut in half. Trim off center points on side. Punch another label from Thick Whisper White. Stamp background in Sweet Sugar Plum and dots from Birthday Blooms in Basic Black. Add flowers in right bottom corner with reinking. Add sentiment in Basic Black. Add Basic Pearls and punch a hole to tie with Linen Thread to Mint Macaron ribbon.
- With the Succulent Framelits cut four decreasing layers from Sweet Sugar Plum. Sponge edges with Rich Razzleberry. Glue layers together curling petal ends with bone folder before gluing. Add Basic Pearl to center and I hot glued to top of Mint Macaron ribbon.
- Add grass and plastic eggs filled with sweets to inside.
How cute is that? I love this little carton!
We are having a really spring-like all-day rain and it’s perfect for a day spent in the studio. I’ve been playing with several new ideas and technique I can’t wait to share with you so be sure to stop back by…
Or as they say here in the South, “Y’all come back now!”
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
If your fingers are inky…you got to be HaPpY!