Many times a challenge with get you out of your box to try something new and that’s great. But this week’s challenge is right up my alley…I LOVE flowers and have tons of flower stamps.
Here’s my entry for CYCI#70…
Ah, yes, a no line watercolor flower…who would have guessed I’d come up with that? I have fallen in love with this technique. Did you ever do a paint-by-number painting when you were young? I loved those sets and could entertain myself for hours. This is similar, but you get to pick your colors!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for this one…
- Paper: Pool Party cardstock, Newsprint DSP and watercolor paper
- Ink: Daffodil Delight. Actually, I will probably add a sentiment in Memento Black when I use this one.
- Stamps: Indescribable Gift (Retiring end of May)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Watercolor Set and Brush
- The Pool Party base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The DSP layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- The Watercolor layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Stamp your image on the watercolor paper in Daffodil Delight. When you watercolor the lines will disappear. I like to paint wet-on-wet, meaning I use my brush and dampen one petal or leaf at a time, then pick up some watercolor and just touch it to the paper to see how it reacts. You can tip your paper in different directions to spread the color. You can also go in with just a damp brush and move the color where you want it.
- Once all is painted and dried, I outline with the small Project Life Journal Pen or a Micron Pen for details. Finally, I will wet my brush with water and a good amount of paint and splash it across my painting. Magic!
- Dry your masterpiece with the heat gun and while it’s warm, lay the largest acrylic block on it and let it cool.
- Attach all your layers to the card front.
- Make that gorgeous linen bow. You can find a video here on how to make it.
I always sign my paintings in an inconspicuous place…can you find it?
Tootle on over to canyoucaseit.com and enter the challenge this week. I know you can make a May flower…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Get those fingers inky…Be HaPpY!