The post shown today is not what was planned at all. What was planned was another hot air balloon card using the coordinating designer series paper that just arrived.
But walking in the studio a package of Lace Doilies was lying on the table with the Carousel Birthday stamp set and WHAM! an idea jumped inside my head. There was no going back…
So here’s today’s post…
You see it? How cute is that? And I have to tell you this paper stack called Cupcakes and Carousels is some of the best I’ve seen from SU! The color combos and designs on this paper are awesome.
Here’s a peek inside…
The sentiments and fonts are perfect for this set.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Very Vanilla and Bermuda Bay Cardstock, plus Cupcakes and Carousels Designer Series Paper Stack
- Ink: Early Espresso
- Stamps: Carousel Birthday
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Metallic Enamel Shapes (annual catalog), Baker’s Twine Trio Pack (Holiday Catalog), Lace Doilies (Occasions Catalog), Scalloped Circles Framelits
- The Very Vanilla base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The Bermuda Bay layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The DSP layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached to Bermuda Bay layer with SNAIL. Stamp carousel in Early Espresso slightly off center at top.
- Cut Scalloped Bermuda Bay circle and stamp carousel in Early Espresso. The stand of the carousel doesn’t all fit at the bottom, but that’s ok because you have the stand already on the card front. Attach this scalloped circle to card front with dimensionals aligning at the bottom with previously stamped carousel.
- Cut away the outside layer of the doily and attach with dots of multipurpose glue over the Bermuda Bay scalloped circle.
- Stamp the carousel again on scrap Bermuda Bay. “Fussy Cut” the cupcakes and attach over doily with dimensionals. Add gold enamel dots on the cupcakes. Punch out the center of the last carousel you stamped and attach at center with dimensional. Love it!
- Now cut a piece of Bermuda Bay 1-1/2″ x 4-1/4″.
- Cut a piece of DSP 1-3/8″ x 4-1/8″. Stamp sentiment slightly to the right. Attach to Bermuda Bay piece with SNAIL. Add Gold Baker’s Twine several times around this piece to the right. Make a bow with several loops and tie in center. Add to card front with glue dots. Add entire piece to card front with SNAIL.
- Inside the Bermuda Bay layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ with a Very Vanilla layer over that 3-1/8″ x 4-1/8″. Add a strip of DSP at bottom. Stamp sentiment in Early Espresso.
- The envelope was lined with a coordinating pattern from the same paper stack.
Whew! Now that idea is a reality, I’ll make that hot air balloon card for you.
Hope your weekend is spent doing whatever makes you happy.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Take time to get those fingers inky and … Be HaPpY!