It’s Sunday and time for the first challenge after Stampin’ Up!’s national convention in Salt Lake City. Today we have a sketch challenge. We all hope you will play along by going to canyoucaseit.com for the sketch and inspiration. You have until noon Friday, July 31st to enter.
Here’s my creation…
and a little peek at the inside…
This masculine stamp set just intrigues me and especially the fox. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Basic Grey, Basic Black and Whisper White cardstock, plus Designer Series Neutrals DSP
- Ink: Memento Black
- Stamps: The Wilderness Awaits
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Burlap Ribbon, Greeting Thinlets, 1 3/8″ and 1 1/2″ Square Punch
- The Basic Grey base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The DSP layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″ and attached to base card with a layer of fun foam underneath to lift this layer with Tomboy Glue
- The Basic Black squares are 1 1/2″ and the Whisper White squares at 1 3/8″
- Stamp just the heads of each animal with Memento Black on the Whisper White squares and then attach with adhesive to Basic Black 1 1/2″ squares. Add dimensionals to each square and spaced evenly at top 1/3 of card front
- Cut the Burlap ribbon 4″ and fray the edges to create a fringed edge and attach to bottom of card front with Tomboy Glue
- Cut “cheers” with thinlet from Basic Black add to burlap with small dots of Tomboy Glue on back. Place a stack of acrylic blocks over the sentiment until it drys.
- Inside there are three layers and a stamp of the whole fox (he’s my favorite)
This card may look a little complicated but honestly it goes together easily. Hope you enjoyed and you’ll jump over to canyoucaseit.com and enter your creation based on this week’s sketch. It’s fun, I promise!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Hope your fingers are inky like mine…and you are HaPpY!