This challenge at CYCI was fun especially right before Valentine’s…a color challenge of red, black and white. I’m quick to admit there’s just a tad of green here too…but who’s counting? Here’s my entry…
I just couldn’t leave the leaves and stems naked now could I? Do you like the look of this technique? Here is the Stuff ‘N Digits so you can recreate this look in your studio…
- Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White and Real Red cardstock
- Ink: Memento Black, Craft White
- Stamps: Basic Butterfly
- Tools ‘ N Embellishments: White Embossing Powder, Rhinestones 1/4″ Real Red Ribbon, Blendabilities Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive
- The Basic Black cardstock is 11″ x 4 1/4″ scored at 5 1/2″
- The vertical Real Red layer is 4 1/8″ x 2 3/8″
- The Whisper White layer is 4″ x 2 1/4″
- The horizontal Real Red layer is 3 1/8″ x 1 1/4″
- The horizontal Basic Black layer is 3″ x 1 1/8″
- Stamp the flower image in Memento Black on the Whisper White layer positioning so part of the flower is off the paper at the top right corner
- Lay this layer on card front to get a position for stamping the same image on the card front with White Craft ink. Move the Whisper White layer and stamp the full image on the card front with White Craft Ink. Sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and Heat.
- Layer the Whisper White layer over the Real Red layer. Color with Blendies and tie 1/4″ ribbon at bottom. Attach with dimensionals to card front.
- Stamp the sentiment on the horizontal Basic Black layer in White Craft Ink, sprinkle with white embossing powder and heat.
- Layer horizontal Real Red and Basic Black layers together and then to card front with a single dimensional on the left side and two stacked dimensionals on the right side.
- Attach three rhinestones to the lower right corner of the sentiment and color with Cherry Cobbler Blendie Pen.
- You can see in the photo I have stamped and colored a coordinating flower on the envelope and also on a white layer inside the card.
Today’s class was fun…everyone seemed to enjoy the projects. We all left with Blackberry Bliss inky fingers!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Thanks for stopping by today…
Get Inky…Be HaPpY!