As a member of the design team on Can You Case It, once a week I get to step out of my box and respond to a challenge. This week the challenge was using the colors white, gold (any) and Pool Party. Today’s card is my response to that challenge…
This color combo is really pretty and the sentiment seems perfect for my anniversary to my sweetie next month. Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay and Gold Foil cardstock plus Painted Blooms DSP
- Ink: Pool Party
- Stamps: Build a Bouquet
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Heart Punch (any), 1/4″ FREE ribbon in SAB Pool Party, Decorative Dots Embossing Folder
- The Whisper White base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The first Bermuda Bay layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- The Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″
- The second Bermuda Bay layer is 4 1/8″ x 3 1/8″
- The DSP layer is 4″ x 3″
- The last Bermuda Bay layer is 2 1/2″ x 3″
- The Whisper White sentiment layer is 2 3/8″ x 2 7/8″
- Emboss the Gold Foil layer and adhere to the Bermuda Bay, tie 1/4″ ribbon and adhere to card front
- Adhere the DSP layer to the Bermuda Bay layer and attach with dimensionals
- Stamp your sentiment on the Whisper White, attach two hearts with adhesive and one with dimensional. Add to card front with dimensionals
Lots of layers (8), but really pretty simple and I think I like it…he will too! Hope this challenge and post inspires you to try this color combo and maybe even the card layout. I’d love to see what you create. You can visit my facebook page (Rambling Rose Studio) and post your art if you’d like. I’d like that a lot!
Got to run today. It’s the “Hope Note” Sunday. We will create 100 notecards today to donate to the Women’s Breast Cancer here. Then share a salad and some homemade Chicken Tortilla Soup. It’s going to be a fun afternoon. I’ll post pictures tomorrow for you so be sure to stop back by.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Actually it’s more than OK…it’s good!
I’m going to be REAL inky today…and HaPpY!