This week the challenge at Can You Case It is to create a card that showcases your summer.
That was a shoo-in for me…when I think of summer, I think sunflowers.
Here’s my summer card…
That just says it all for me. This flower is a retired SU! background stamp and I used the no-line water coloring method where you stamp in a light color on water color paper (I used Daffodil Delight) so that once you have painted your image the stamped lines disappear.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for this one…
- Paper: Whisper White and Basic Black cardstock, plus water color paper
- Ink: Daffodil Delight and Memento Black (sentiment)
- Stamps: You’ve Got This (sentiment) and Sunflower (retired)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Water colors and round paint brush, Project Life Journaling Pen
Digits ‘N Directions
- The Whisper White base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The Basic Black layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ attached with adhesive.
- The water color paper is 140#, cold press 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Stamp image with Daffodil delight and water color image and background.
- Use journaling pen to outline image and add details important to you.
- Stamp sentiment with Memento Black ink
- Dry paper with heat gun to straighten.
- Use fun foam on the back of water color paper attached with Tomboy Glue.
- Attach these two layers to card front with Tomboy Glue.
- Don’t forget to sign you image. I always try to hide my signature…can you find it?
Hope you feel inspired to give this technique a try with your favorite stamp. I just happen to love sunflowers and summer!
Come on over to Can You Case It at canyoucaseit.com and play along this week. You have until Friday, June 19th to post your art.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Let’s get those fingers inky…and Be HaPpY!