Taking a little break from all the water coloring (not really, I’m doing it on the side and not showing you) to showcase new product from the new annual catalog that will be “live” on June 2nd.
The Build A Birthday Cake is a cute and versatile set that I’ve enjoyed working with this week. Here’s my first card (really it’s a notecard)…
There are several new products here so let’s get right to the Stuff ‘N Digits…
- Paper: 3 1/2″ x 5″ Whisper White notecard, Bermuda Bay, Basic Black and Whisper White cardstock
- Ink: Bermuda Bay, Memento Black and Pool Party
- Stamps: Build A Birthday, the “happy” is from a Photopolymer Alphabet
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: In-Color Blossom Accents, Paper Doily, Bohemian Washi Tape and Decorative Dots EF
- The base card is a 3 1/2″ x 5″ Whisper White Notecard
- The Bermuda Bay layer is 3 3/8″ x 4 7/8″, embossed with Decorative Dots EF
- The Basic Black layer is 3 1/8″ x 4 3/8″
- The Whisper White layer is 3″ x 4 1/4″
- Attach the embossed Bermuda Bay layer to notecard.
- Stamp the cake stand in Pool Party and add a small piece of doily
- Add three layers of Washi Tape then stamp banner at top of cake and sentiment in Memento Black just over that
- If you have the photopolymer alphabet set, stamp “happy” in banner. This could be done with a journal pen too…or not at all.
- Add the Blossom accents to the bottom cake layer.
Now this set does have three stamps for the cake layers, but I wanted to use that beautiful Washi Tape instead. These same three stamps can also be used to make candles. Check back and I’ll show you a card using them for candles. Really cute!
Always when new product is released my head spins thinking of ways to use each set and how they might be mixed. I try to keep my head buried and work out all my ideas before checking out everybody else’s. Then I see what they are doing and think…”Why didn’t I think of that?” It’s all good though and I’m glad to CASE someone or be CASED. We all win in the end.
Do you have your new catalog yet? What is your number one pick?
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…and Be HaPpY!