This week’s Halloween posts have been fun…I love Halloween! Do you dress up? Lil’ goblins that come to my door will find me dressed for the occasion. I have a skeleton shirt with a red beating (blinking light) heart and a funky black hat to wear. I think they like that I dressed for Halloween and at least identify with a kindred spirit.
Here’s today’s post featuring an explosion card technique…
I’m thinking “the littles” will like this card too. The best part is that this card is easy to make put presents with a punch!
Here is the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Tangelo Twist and Basic Black cardstock plus Happy Haunting DSP
- Ink: Memento Black
- Stamps: Howl-o-ween Treat
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Boo to You Framelits, Googlie Eyes, Spider Web Doilies, Thin Tip Glue Pen, Fun Foam and 2 1/2″ Circle punch
- The Tangelo Twist base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The Basic Black layer is 5 1/4″ x 4″ attached to the card front with adhesive
- The Orange Spider Web design DSP is 5″ x 3 3/4″ attached to the Basic Black layer with adhesive
- The Vanilla and black spider web DSP is 5″ x 3 3/4″ punched with the 2 1/2″ Circle punch. Make small 1/4″ cuts all around perimeter of circle and fold or roll out. Adhere to Orange Spider Web design DSP with adhesive.
- Cut the center of Spider Web Doily. Add to card front under the rolled DSP. You can cut this circle to make it easier to place around the explosion circle. Use Thin Tip Glue to attach.
- Stamp owl in Memento Black onto background orange DSP and cut with framelit. Also cut another owl in orange fun foam and attach to stamped image with Tombow Glue. Add to center of circle with dimensionals. Don’t forget your googlie eyes!
- Cut “BOO!” with framelits in Basic Black. Lay on your silicone mat and using the Thin Tip Glue Pen add glue to the top layer and let dry. Turn over and add glue to back and apply to front of card.
- This card is somewhat interactive with the eyes and inside I used the center of the Spider Web Doily set behind a piece of Whisper White.
Tomorrow’s post will move to the fall season and Thanksgiving until Tuesday. Wednesday is the day I leave for South Korea to visit my daughter and son-in-love. I’m so looking forward to this two week visit. We haven’t seen each other for over six months and so much has happened in between. I will post (maybe not daily) from South Korea and show you what I will be seeing for the first time. So plan to stop by and travel with me.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Maybe as we grow older that’s why our eyesight gets weaker…
Are you inky? Hope your are HaPpY!