On January 6th when Sale-A-Bration begins, I plan to be ready…it’s an exciting time with a new spring catalog and FREE stamps. What’s not to like?
During the OnStage Event in Orlando in November we were given the opportunity to work with the Botanical Blooms stamp set and coordinating framelits plus see several samples using the set. I couldn’t wait for my preorder to arrive so I could create with this set. Here’s one of them…
Whoa! Can you stand it? I do love flowers and this one is right up my alley. There are probably five more samples just waiting to be posted. This set is amazing…especially with the framelits. And to top that off, the designer series paper is printed so that you can add to the design with the stamps. I don’t believe SU! has ever offered this type of product before.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for this one…
- Paper: Watermelon Wonder, Old Olive, Black and Thick Whisper White cardstock, plus Botanical Gardens DSP
- Ink: Watermelon Wonder, Basic Black and Mint Macaron
- Stamps: Botanical Blooms, Happy Happenings (sentiment, which I love!)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Botanical Builder Framelits, Lots of Labels Framelits
- The Watermelon Wonder base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The DSP is cut 5 1/4″ x 4″ and attached to card front with adhesive
- The Lots of Labels framelits were cut in half. Attach the Old Olive layer with dimensionals. Stamp leaves or whatever you like from the stamp set as a background on the Whisper White piece. I stamped off to get a lighter image. Stamp the sentiment in Basic Black. Attach the Whisper White to the Old Olive layer with adhesive.
- The two larger blooms were cut from Watermelon Wonder, the leaves from Old Olive and veins stamped with Old Olive. I like to break down the fibers in the leaves and scrunch them some for texture. They are attached with glue dot as is the double flower with the smaller one on the bottom. The flower center is Basic Black cardstock. The flower layers were put together and attached to card front with glue dots.
There will be several more samples in the days ahead to show you from this set.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Oh I wish!
Let’s get inky…and Be HaPpY!