New techniques are fun to try and today’s post is a new one for me. One of our Design Team Members at Can You Case It? was celebrating a birthday and this card seemed perfect for her. Have you tried the Bokeh technique?
Here is the card…
Isn’t it fun? I used watercolor paper on this one, but I’ve also used white cardstock with sponges and that works too. Backgrounds that have depth are fun to build and add interest to your card front.
Do you feel inspired to give this a try? Here is the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Watercolor paper, Basic Black, Whisper White and Pear Pizazz cardstock
- Ink: Memento Black, Mossy Meadow, Crushed Curry, Pool Party, Craft White and Pear Pizzaz
- Stamps: Butterfly Basics and Gorgeous Grunge
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Butterfly Framelit, Linen Thread, VersaMark Ink, White Embossing Powder, Blendability Pens Daffodil Delight and Calypso Coral medium shades, window sheet, circle punches and Rhinestone
- The base card of Pear Pizazz is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The Basic Black layer is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- The Watercolor paper is 5 1/4″ x 4″
- The sentiment layer is 2 1/4″ x 1 1/4″ Basic Black and 2 1/8″ x 1 1/8″ Whisper White
- Cut your butterfly from Basic Black. Use the negative from the butterfly to trace onto Vellum and “fussy cut” the vellum.
- Attach the two butterflys with a glue dot. Add the rhinestone and linen thread to the top with glue dot
- If you are using watercolor paper, spritz it wet with water and drip Pear Pizazz, Pool Party and Crushed Curry reinker over the wet surface. To move the ink around you can spritz again over the ink until you like the effect.
- Use your heat gun or leave to dry.
- Punch your window sheet with three sizes of circles. Using a sponge and White Craft Ink sponge lightly the large circle only all over the background. Now using the medium punched circle, sponge with ink a little darker than the large circles. Last, sponge the small circles the darkest. Overlapping the sponged circles adds to the effect.
- Now with the Gorgeous Grunge dots, stamp with VersaMark all over the background piece, sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat.
- Assemble your layers.
I love the effect of the background and hope Kim liked it too. If you’d rather just use Whisper White cardstock instead of watercolor paper. you can sponge your background colors first and continue with the circles and Gorgeous Grunge stamp.
We had a beautiful, sunny day today so Zoe and I took a long walk. We didn’t see the eagle today, but did see him on yesterday’s walk. We walked right under the tree he was sitting in and he never moved except to turn his head to watch us pass. How cool is that?
Here is your “B-ism” for today…
Exactly…maybe just trying a new technique is just that!
I’m inky…and HaPpY!