This is another post inspired by the talented Rhonda Wade…thanks Rhonda! It is a sympathy card…cause when we need one, we need it right then. But this card could be for any occasion with a change in the sentiment wording.
Here’s the card…
You could definitely add a Happy Birthday sentiment, or wedding, or anniversary or…well, you see what I mean. It could be any of those things with the sentiment change.
The great thing about this card is it has the “wow” factor and it is really easy to make. Let’s get started with the Stuff ‘N Digits…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Pool Party cardstock plus Birthday Bouquet DSP
- Ink: Basic Black
- Stamps: Rose Wonder (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Rose Garden Thinlets Dies, VersaMark, White Embossing Powder, Large Oval Punch, Ornate Tag Topper Punch, 1/4″ Pool Party Ribbon, Sequins
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored and folded at 4 1/4″
- The Birthday Bouquet DSP layer is 4″ x 5 1/2″ attached with adhesive
- The Pool Party layer is 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″. Stamp rose image with VersaMark Ink, sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat. Cut along right side of rose. Sponge the center plus a little of the rose image with Pool Party ink. Attach to card front with adhesive at the left and bottom, leaving the right side open for tag to slip into.
- Cut a piece of Pool Party CS 2″ x 3 1/2″. Cut one end with the Ornate Tag Topper Punch. Cut a piece of Whisper White 1 3/4″ x 3 1/4″. Center in the Ornate Tag Topper Punch. Stamp sentiment in Basic Black. Attach to top of Pool Party tag. Sponge edges with Pool Party ink. Loop ribbon through top and trim. Slide into right side of rose on card front.
- Stamp the Frame from the Rose Wonder set in Basic Black on Pool Party CS and cut out with matching thinlet die. Stamp sentiment in Basic Black on scrap Whisper White and punch with Large Oval Punch. Attach to frame with adhesive and to card front with dimensionals.
- Add sequins randomly to card front.
- Inside I “fussy cut” one of the blue blooms from the DSP and attached with multipurpose glue to top right corner. At the bottom is a strip of the same DSP 1/2″ x 4 1/4″.
Hope this inspires to make something similar for your card stash.
Saturday I mentioned we were in the middle of ripping out our kitchen floor and replacing with a porcelain faux wood tile. It was just finished today…one week later. In spite of all the prepping Sweetums and I did, this house was covered in …well, dirt! All of yesterday and part of today were spent cleaning. Here’s what it looks like…
Doesn’t that look just like wood planks? It’s wonderful to be done with those big white tile blocks…This floor can get dirty and no one would be able to tell.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I’ve been known to get up early just to have a cup…
I’m so inky right now…but HaPpY!