After trimming this piece of water colored paper down to fit a card, it looked like a summer stormy sky to me. And since we are supposed to have weather this evening similar to what Kentucky suffered yesterday…this post seemed appropriate for today.
Here’s the card…
This background was created with the dry pigment from Ken Oliver called Color Burst available in six colors sprinkled on water color paper and spritzed with water. Then let the color and paper do the work. Does this resemble a stormy sky to you? We all see differently.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Pool Party, Basic Black, Bermuda Bay and Whisper White cardstock, plus cold pressed water color paper.
- Ink: Bermuda Bay, Memento Black and Versamark ink
- Stamps: Amazingly Artistic (tag background and sentiment) Summer Silhouette and Gorgeous Grunge
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Basic Pearls, Lots of Labels Framelits, Linen Thread and White Embossing Powder
Digits ‘N Directions
- The Pool Party base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The Basic Black layer is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- The Watercolor layer is 5 1/4″ x 4″
- After you have made you background, stamp the flowers and grunge with VersaMark, sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat.
- Attach the Basic Black layer with adhesive and the water color layer with Tomboy Glue
- Cut the Bermuda Bay layer with the Lots of Layers Framelit and add Basic Pearls
- Cut a smaller layer in Whisper White with the same framelit and stamp with Pool Party ink. Attach to Bermuda Bay layer with adhesive.
- Stamp the frame image from Amazingly Artistic in Bermuda Bay, add sentiment in Memento Black.
- Place a dimensional in center and loop Linen Thread to create loops. Add two more dimensionals to back and attach to label layer.
- Inside I have a 3 3/4″ x 4 1/4″ Whisper White layer with a strip of the trimmed water color paper added with adhesive.
These water color backgrounds are so addictive and so much fun to work with after they have worked their magic and dried.
Yesterday two more Minions were added to my little desk family…a pirate and an English solider…too cute. I finally caved and gave one that is a duplicate to Zoe (my Jack Russell). She wanted one so bad and wouldn’t quit begging. Now she carries it all over the house with it screaming MONDAY! Here’s a pic…
There’s no way you are getting that little Minion away from her…
Thanks so much for stopping by today. Be sure to check back again tomorrow.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
That just seemed to be the one for today…
I’m inky…and HaPpY!