Recently I have had too many occasions where a sympathy card was needed. Honestly, you would think with all the cards I do make that I would have sympathy cards on hand…because when you need them, you need them now. But, sadly I don’t. This card today will be sent out in the post tomorrow and I’ll be back to zero. I do like this one enough to make several though. Here’s the card…
You know I just had a text this week from one of my new customers saying she was using DSP for the first time and was amazed at the quality, how it coordinated to each piece in the package and now she understood why I liked it so much. The DSP used on this card is new and available in the new catalog called Lullaby. Isn’t it pretty? Makes matching colors a breeze. The stamp set is also new and available in the new annual catalog called Bloom With Hope. It is a two-case set with beautiful stamps and sayings in a gorgeous font. And the flower (which is fussy cut btw) has been colored with the new Blendabilities. I’m in love with these because I do love to color!
Hope you are inspired to add all these new items to your wish list when the new catalog goes “live” on June 1st. Here is the Stuff ‘N Digits for this card…
- Paper: Lullaby DSP, Sahara Sand, Whisper White and Coastal Cabana cardstock.
- Ink: Black (for sentiment) and Coastal Cabana, Old Olive and Daffodil Delight Blendability Assortments
- Stamps: Bloom With Hope
- Tools and Embellishments: 1 3/8″ and 1 1/2″ Circle Punch, Pearls, Linen Thread
- Sahara Sand cardstock cut 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″. First Whisper White cardstock layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- The first Coastal Cabana layer is 5″ x 3 3/4″, the Sahara Sand layer is 4 7/8″ x 3 5/8″ and the DSP layer is 4 3/4″ x 3 1/2″
- The horizontal layer is Coastal Cabana 2 1/4″ x 4 1/4″, the DSP horizontal layer is 2 1/8″ x 4 1/4″
- The vertical layer is Coastal Cabana 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, the Whisper White layer is 2 3/8″ x 3 3/8″.
- The flower was stamped on the white layer and the stem colored in with Old Olive Blendability Pen. The flower was stamped on a scrap colored and fussy cut then added with dimensionals.
- I added three drops of Crystal Effects to the flower to look like dew drops. If you look close, you will see them.
- Add your linen thread and sentiment with pearls. The inside of the card was made to match the cover and the envelope was lined with coordinating DSP.
Hope this card will give you ideas on how you can use the new products coming in just a couple of weeks.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…”If you don’t like where you are…move. You are not a tree!”
Get Happy…Get Inky…Create a Masterpiece.