The new Blends Pens offered by Stampin’ Up! were the perfect medium to highlight the gorgeous Count My Blessings stamp set and I couldn’t wait to give them a try…
Be still my heart…
Glamour Close Up…
Love that Gingham Smoky Slate Ribbon.
And a peek inside.
This card I think would work for an Autumn greeting card, fall birthday or sympathy card. A good one to have in my stash!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Smoky Slate and Basic Grey Cardstock
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
- Stamps: Count My Blessings
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Blends Pens, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive and Crumb Cake Duo Packs, .005 Black Micron Pen, Gingham Smoky Slate Ribbon, Linen Thread
- The Smoky Slate base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″. Score at 5-1/2″ and burnish with bone folder.
- The Basic Grey layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Stamp acorns in top right corner with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and the sentiment center left. Let the ink dry.
- I worked on one element at a time. For the leaves I used the light Daffodil Delight first covering the image. Then the darker Daffodil Delight around the edges. Back over the entire leaf with the light, then added a touch of the Old Olive to the center lines. For the acorns I used the light Daffodil on everything, dark Daffodil around edges and back over everything with the light shade to blend the edges. At the acorn tops I started with the light Crumb Cake and added the dark around the edges then back over everything with the light.
- I drew a light pencil line for the doodle border and just wiggled my way around twice.
- Add to card front with SNAIL
- Inside there is a 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ piece of Basic Grey layer attached with SNAIL and a layer of Thick Whisper White 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″.
- Stamp the acorn image again in the top right corner and repeat Blend Pens coloring.
It’s exciting to have our alcohol coloring pens back again. They are awesome to color and play with!
I can’t believe it’s almost Friday again.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Keep those fingers inky…be HaPpY!