This card was inspired by one of Kylie Bertucci’s that was found on Pinterest. You can check out her blog here.
Sympathy cards are not my speciality, but when you need one it is nice to have them on hand. I think Kylie’s card was Crumb Cake and she used different stamps in the background, but the white flower in the foreground was what really caught my eye…
and a close up…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for this card…
- Paper: Basic Grey, Smoky Slate, Thick Whisper White and Basic Black
- Ink: Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Birthday Blooms, Butterfly Basics
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Don’t faint…None!
- The Basic Grey base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Basic Black layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The Smoky Slate layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Stamp sentiment, ferns and other background stamps. Stamp rose on scrap Thick Whisper White and “fussy cut”. Carefully breakdown paper with bone folder so flower will curl slightly. Add to card front with lots of dimensionals.
- Inside there is a layer of Basic Black 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached with SNAIL
- On top of that layer add a Thick Whisper White layer 4″ x 5-1/4″ with SNAIL. The sentiment “For some things there are just no words” is stamped in Basic Black at top leaving plenty of room for a personal message.
Just to set the record straight, I did also make a hot air balloon for the second “little”, but since I had posted a similar one a few weeks ago, didn’t show his. But here it is …
I think he will like this one…more his colors!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Stay inky…be HaPpY!