This card was made for the Can You Case It administrator, Eva Bussom, to celebrate her birthday last week. She works so hard to keep CYCI growing and I am honored to serve on the design team. So it had to be a special card, right?
Here is the card…
and a view of the inside…
I don’t know about you, but when I’m making a card for another SU! Demo, I try to make it as close to perfect as I can. Nerve racking is what it is. Hard to think of a design they haven’t seen and everything looks crooked.
So I decided to forget all that and try a technique I hadn’t done in forever and use my favorite color combination which is blues and greens together. It turned out being fun to put together and I forgot to worry about anything else.
The background technique is called Bokeh (for directions on this technique check here). Now here is the Stuff ‘N Digits on this card…
- Paper: Night of Navy, Pear Pizazz, Whisper White, Basic Black cardstock and watercolor paper.
- Ink: VersMark plus Blendability Pens Old Olive, Daffodil Delight and Night of Navy (medium color of each)
- Stamps: FREE SAB Big Day
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: White Embossing Powder, White Craft Ink, Window Sheet
- The base card of Pear Pizazz is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The Night of Navy layer is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- The watercolor layer is 5 1/4″ x 4″
- The vertical Pear Pizazz layer is 2 1/2″ x 5″
- The vertical Whisper White layer is 2 1/4″ x 4 3/4″
- The vertical Basic Black layer is 2 1/8″ x 4 5/8″
- The horizontal Pear Pizazz layer is 2 1/4″ x 1 1/4″
- The Whisper White layer is 2 1/8″ x 1 1/8″
- The Basic Black layer is 1″ x 2″
- The watercolor background layer instructions can be found here.
- Use your Embossing Buddy and go over both pieces of Basic Black. Stamp each piece with VersaMark ink, sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat.
- Using your Blendability Pens, color your stamped piece with the brush end with broad strokes. The ink will not show on the black cardstock.
- Now attach the Night of Navy cardstock to the card front and the Bokeh watercolor paper on top of that (Fast Fuze)
- Attach all your vertical layers and attach to card front with dimensionals.
- Attach all your horizontal layers and place double dimensionals on the left side and single on the right where it overlaps the vertical layer.
Well, I really like this color combo so I was happy with the end result. Maybe you like purples and pinks, or reds with coral. Get some watercolor paper and just play with the colors you like. After it’s dry, sponge on the White Craft Ink and stamp the Gorgeous Grunge stamp with VersaMark and sprinkle with White embossing powder and heat…Ta Da! it’s gorgeous…
I always say time playing in my studio is better than any drug you could give me…I loose all track of time, worries drift away and I never even get hungry! That is saying something.
So tomorrow I leave for the SU! Leadership Conference in Orlando. It will be so nice to be warm and I’m so excited to reconnect with my SU! friends and meet some I’ve never met but only talked with online. Oh the fun!
I’ll be sure to not forget you and post some pics so you can see everything. If you’d like to be part of these fun events…well, there’s always room for you on my team no matter where you may live. Drop me a note and I’d be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Get inky…Be Happy!