Things are really popping in the studio…I mean I have hit a groove like never before! Can’t get these ideas made fast enough…before I forget them!
Today’s birthday card just makes you smile it’s so HaPpY…
See? Didn’t you just smile? Here is a peek at the inside…
I just love everything about this card. That Swirly Bird set is the best!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Flirty Flamingo Cardstock
- Ink: Peekaboo Peach, Flirty Flamingo, Watermelon Wonder and Basic Black
- Stamps: Swirly Bird, Tin of Cards (doodle border), Birthday Blooms (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: InColor Enamel Shapes, Frog Tape (or painters’ tape)
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- The Watermelon Wonder layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with adhesive
- The top Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Lay your cardstock on your grid paper and use the Frog Tape to mask off each edge by two squares. Stamp the flower bases in each color and spritz stamp with water before stamping. Let dry and stamp Basic Black line swirls over each bloom. Add some of the smaller flowers. Stamp sentiment in Basic Black. Peel (and I mean peel not pull so you won’t pick up paper from card front). Stamp doodle line in Basic Black. Tip: Stamp two short sides first. Match corners on long side and stamp once. Add a post it note where you don’t want doodles and stamp the second time on the long side. Repeat.
- Add card front to Watermelon Wonder layer with adhesive.
- The inside Watermelon Wonder layer is 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ attached with adhesive. The Whisper White layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. Use Frog tape again to mask at bottom edge before stamping a couple of blooms just like on the card front. Peel away tape and add doodles with Basic Black at bottom edge. Add this layer with adhesive.
- You can see there are a few blooms stamped on the envelope to coordinate.
I hope you will be inspired to give this fun card a go, especially if you already have this stamp set. If you don’t, you are more than welcome to click on the “shop now” star here on my blog.
Besides my normal posting each day (except Sunday) there are many projects in various forms of completion all over the studio. I mean every surface is covered with a
mess…I mean projects. I can’t wait to share them with you. It’s just the way you have to roll sometimes…makes for very little sleeping.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today (did you love the one yesterday?)…
You want to be HaPpY? Get Inky!