In a post last week I showed you this…
These were favors for Lyla’s 8th birthday. Here’s the gift inside…
My BFF necklace and bracelet.
But what I wanted to show you today was the card sent along with the favors…
She loves owls so this was the perfect birthday card for her. Cards for kids are the most fun to make. Would you like the Stuff ‘N Digits for this?
Here you go…
- Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black and Crushed Curry cardstock plus DSP of your choice
- Ink: Memento Black
- Stamps: Birthday sentiment inside…your choice
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Itty Bitty Heart Punch, Large Heart Punch, 1″ Circle Punch, 1/2″ Circle Punch, Triangle Punch, Round Scallop Punch, Envelope Punch Board for rounding card corners, coordinating large Baker’s Twine and White Gel Pen
- The Whisper White base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″ and on back only 1 1/2″ down from score line. Add Tomboy glue to this 1 1/2″ space so the back of the card is attached to the front of the card.
- The DSP layer is 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, attach to card front and round bottom corners
- With the envelope punch board punch 1″ from the top side, flip and punch the opposite side. Then turn the card and punch 1″ from the top corner on each side. This creates the owl’s ears.
- Punch 1/2″ Basic Black circles and 1″ Whisper White circles and glue together. Add highlights with White Gel Pen. Glue to card front.
- Punch triangle with Crushed Curry and glue to card front.
- Punch cardstock with Round Scallop Punch and cut in half. Attach to card front at the edge only so you have space to slide in the punched heart.
- Punch the large and smaller hearts, glue together and add a sentiment. Then slide into on of the scallop pockets.
- Add Baker’s Twine bow to one ear.
- There is room to write your message inside, but the card does not open at the very top.
Tomorrow the video of the wedding box will be up. It takes forever to upload to YouTube.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Get yourself inky…Be HaPpY!