It just doesn’t get much more fun that this…the last weekend of this month Sweetums and I will be traveling to NYC to surprise our g’daugher, Lyla (the littles), for her 10th birthday! She knows nothing about the trip or that we will be at the airport when she arrives. Can you say excited?
So you know there has to be the most special birthday card, right?
Cutie Pie, right?
Glamour close up…
From the top…
Making this card was the most fun…here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Pink Powder Cardstock, plus Birthday Memories Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Real Red, Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Birthday Delivery
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Birthday Friends Framelits Set, Copper Thread, Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pen, Thin Tipped Glue, Tear Tape, Stitched Ovals Dies
- Cut the Powder Pink card base 4-1/4″ x 11″. Score at 5-1/2″. Cut another panel 4-1/4″ x 6″, score at 1/2″ on long side. Attach the shorter panel to the double panel with Tear Tape. Basically you have six panels counting front and back. Five panels are decorated.
- Let’s start with the one just above. In the center panel place a Whisper White layer 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ with a DSP layer on top 4″ x 5-1/4″. One panel done!
- The panel with the oval opening has a Whisper White layer 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″. The DSP layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Attach layers together and to card front with just a smidge of SNAIL. Run through Big Shot with the smaller Stitched Oval Framelit to cut all three layers at the same time…it works, I promise and your layers will be perfectly aligned! Take layers apart. With the Scalloped Oval Framelit, cut just the DSP layer.
- Let’s make the cutie pie girl. Cut the figure from DSP with matching die. Stamp on scrap Whisper White the back of her. Color with watercolor pencils and a Blender Pen and cut out with matching die. Cover both pieces with Thin Tipped Glue and let dry completely. Once dry add multipurpose glue to backside of one piece, lay a 10″ piece of Copper Thread top to bottom then add second piece on top. Add an acrylic block over it to hold it in place until completely dried.
- Now add the Whisper White panel to the card front with multipurpose glue. Lay the girl in the center of the oval with copper thread extending over edges. Add multipurpose glue and attach DSP layer on top. Add weight and let dry completely. Trim Copper thread at edges. Give the girl a few turns and watch her spin!. The flag was stamped on scrap Whisper White and cut out with framelit. Add to card panel with multipupose glue.
- Now let’s work on the opposite side of all three panels. Starting with the center panel there is a layer of Whisper White 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached with SNAIL. The DSP layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached with SNAIL. There are three balloons cut with framelit attached to background with dimensionals.
- The panel that serves as the “stop” for the easel is a piece of DSP 2″ x 4-1/4″. The Stitched Oval Framelit was used with Pink Powder CS attached with dimensionals. The sentiment was stamped on scrap Whisper White and punched with the new Pretty Label Punch and attached to the oval with dimensionals. The gift box was cut from DSP with Framelit and added with SNAIL.
- The Belly Band that holds the card together is 2″ x 11″ Whisper White scored at 4-3/8 and 9-1/4″. The DSP layer is 1-3/4″ x 11″ attached with SNAIL. The Whisper White oval was the one cut from the card front stamped in Real Red. The cake was cut from DSP with Framelit and attached with SNAIL. Wrap closed card and overlap ends. Add Tear Tape to close Belly Band.
This card took a little time…like starting it last night and letting the pieces dry well then finishing this morning. Honestly it takes more time to photograph and write up that it does to make it. But you should definitely give one of these spinner cards a try…fun! This bundle is the perfect place to start! All supplies available June 1st!
Thanks so much for stopping by today and taking a peek.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Stay inky…be HaPpY!