This is a BIG birthday month for me with several masculine birthdays. So today’s post is for Sweetums’ brother (he doesn’t read my blog) whose birthday is coming up next week while I’ll be away…
I love this card and especially these old boots! While I was working with this card, several other ideas popped up. When that happens, I don’t trust myself to remember so I stop and sketch it. I’m pretty sure you will see more of these boots. And that old truck in this set is one of my favorites!
Here’s a peek inside…
A little something, something inside to coordinate with the card front and the envelope too! Hallmark eat your heart out!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla Cardstock, plus water color paper
- Ink: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Pear Pizazz, Old Olive, Soft Sky
- Stamps: Country Livin’, Gorgeous Grunge (splats), Live, Love, Grow (plants)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Seasonal Decorative Masks, Neutral Candy Dots, 1″ Square Punch, Aqua Painter
- The Crumb Cake base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Early Espresso layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with multipurpose glue
- The Soft Suede layer is 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ attached to Early Espresso layer with multipurpose glue
- The Very Vanilla layer is 3-3/4″ x 5″. Using a sponge and Soft Sky ink with the Seasonal Decorative Mask add color just to the side where the boots will be placed. Add splats with Early Espresso. Add grass in Pear Pizazz and Old Olive for second layer. Attach this layer to Early Espresso layer with multipurpose glue
- On a scrap of water color paper stamp boots with Archival Black Ink. Using your ink pad lid as a palatte and an Aqua Painter add Crumb Cake to boots and shade with Soft Suede. “Fussy Cut” and add double dimensionals to back. Place over grass.
- Stamp three desert plants in Pear Pizazz and Old Olive and “fussy cut”. Add two larger plants inside boots with one dimensional. Add smaller plant in center with double dimensionals.
- Loop Linen Thread several times around two fingers. Cut a small piece and wrap several times around loop and tie in knot. Add to card front with glue dot.
- Punch a 1″ square and cut in half. Add to two top corners with multipurpose glue. Add Early Espresso Candy Dot
I know there is fussy cutting, but seriously, this is a really nice looking masculine card. Maybe make several for your stash…I sure plan to!
Two days and counting to OnStage Atlanta! I’m so excited to share this experience with three of my team. They have no idea what they have in store for them!
Did you see the new product announced by Stampin’ Up! today? No? Check my facebook page @Rambling Rose Studio. Oh my goodness…I have been hoping for these stitched framelits. Mine are already ordered!
And Discounts on these current products just for the month of November…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
If you are inky…you are HaPpY!