This technique is just fascinating and all over the internet. The end result no matter how you get there or what colors you choose is so soft and dreamy. Perfect background for almost anything or it can stand alone.
Here’s a birthday card using the Bokeh technique…
In this case I have softened the effect even more by placing a piece of vellum cardstock over the background and stamped on that layer. Other than drying time, this card is quick to put together.
Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Pear Pizazz, Whisper White and Vellum cardstock
- Ink: Memento Black, Craft White, Elegant Eggplant, Pear Pizazz and Soft Sky
- Stamps: Hello Life
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 3/8″ Lost Lagoon Satin Ribbon
- The Pear Pizazz base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Whisper White (Bokeh) cardstock is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- The Vellum cardstock is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- There is also a Whisper White layer inside the card that measures 3 1/4 x 4 1/2″
- Because Memento Ink takes a while to dry, stamp your sentiment on the Vellum cardstock and set aside. When you are ready to attach it, you may still need to heat with your gun to be sure it’s dry.
- Bokeh the Whisper White layer. If you haven’t tried this technique, go to YouTube and search “Bokeh” and you will find numerous videos to give you an idea. I’ve given you my color selection above. Because I used cardstock rather than watercolor, there was not drying time until after I added the Craft White ink. You will need to be sure it’s dry…use your heat gun if necessary.
- Now all your pieces are ready to assemble. I have glue dots across the top of the Vellum layer, but they are covered with the ribbon.
Have you tried this technique? It’s quite addicting and beautiful.
We were supposed to have an hail, sleet, ice and snow storm today…but it missed us! Whew! All we have is cold rain. I’ll take it and be grateful after seeing what so many are dealing with just a little north of us.
Hope you are warm and cozy and find some relaxing stamping time.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Do you love the Minions too?
Get inky…Be HaPpY!