This was a fun card to create and a new folded card for some of my “stampin’ peeps” who came to class this week.
Looking at it sitting here on my desk, thoughts of a family photo and the front frame decorated for Christmas shoots across my consciousness…well, that was fleeting and may still be there whenever Christmas cards come to mind again. Hobby Lobby I am not! I’ll start thinking about Christmas when it’s not 100 degrees outside.
So here’s the shadow card we made in classes this week…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Whisper White cardstock and Neutrals Designer Series Stack
- Ink: Memento Black plus Watermelon Wonder, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral and Cucumber Crush
- Stamps: Birthday Blossoms
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: None
Digits ‘N Directions
- Cut the Whisper White cardstock 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, score at 1/2″, 1″ 4 1/2″ and 5″
- Cut the DSP and score the same as the cardstock.
- Using the circle framelit (or any other shape you like) cut the center from the DSP
- Stamp your image in the center of the cardstock and color with reinker and a Blender Pen or Aqua Painter
- Stamp your sentiment
- Stamp the additional flower and leaves on scrap Whisper White, color and “fussy cut”.
- Add sticky tape (have you tried the new paper sticky tape? LOVE!) to the outside 1/2″ panel on the cardstock and place the DSP on top.
- Burnish your score lines and open up your shadow box.
- Add the fussy cut flower and leaves to bottom right being sure not to extend below the bottom of the card (it won’t stand up if you do that!)
This is a simple, easy card to produce and gives a pretty big WOW effect. Give it a try…you’ll like it. Then crazy ideas will be running through your head too.
Thanks so much for stopping by today…here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Hope that made you giggle…
Let’s get inky…and Be HaPpY!