This project came to me in a flash and I just had to stop everything else and make it. A more perfect hostess gift would be hard to top, especially for the price. Here’s the gift… It’s a set of coasters in a storage box. Perfect for outside entertaining this time of year. And, they have cork on the coaster backs and the bottom of the storage box… Here’s a shot of all six coasters.. . Each coaster is signed and dated to make them a little more special. I’ve used the Blendabilities …my technique is getting better I think. If I hear from enough of my stamping peeps who come to all classes, I may just do a class to make this project. There really isn’t much Stuff ‘N Digits to give you but here goes… Stuff:
- Paper: Black and White cardstock, Neutrals Paper Pack DSP
- Ink: All available Blendability colors
- Tools and Embellishments: Cork board from box store, Modge Podge, 5/8″ Organza Ribbon, Corner Rounder
- Coaster fronts were cut 4 1/4″ x 4 1/4″, round corners. Coaster board is also cut 4 1/4″ x 4 1/4″.
- Box is a piece of black cardstock 7 1/2″ x 7 1/2″, scored at 1 1/2″ on each side.
- Cut tabs on box base and adhere corners with sticky strip.
- The side DSP pieces measure: White 1 3/8″ x 4 1/8″, DSP 1 1/4″ x 4″ on all four sides
- The box base is a piece of cardboard in notecard package cut to 5 1/2″ square.
- Cut DSP 6 1/2″ square and cover cardboard with ModPodge and DSP. Cut a 4 1/2″ square corkboard to cover bottom of box base.
- Adhere box base to box with ModPodge and place something inside to weight it down until it drys.
- Tie ribbon around box using adhesive to keep it in place.
- Once you have stamped with Memento Ink the Blended Bloom stamp on a piece of White cardstock 4 1/4″ square and colored with Blendability Pens, adhere cardstock to corkboard 4 1/4″ square piece. I used Tomboy glue for this. Be sure to spread it all over the paper and weight it down to dry.
- Put a coat of ModPodge over you beautiful work of art AFTER you have signed and dated it.
Hope you enjoyed this little “hostess gift” project. If you are in my class groups and are interested in a class featuring this gift, let me know.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…”Be somebody who makes everybody feel like somebody!”
Inky fingers…smile on my face!