Last week I saw this card on Pinterest by Patricia Ivler and just had to give it a try because it brought a smile to my face and I definitely wanted to share…
Now this is pretty cute with the new jars set, but it’s the inside that puts the smile on your face…
Such a cute interactive card! Now I didn’t have her directions and I’m thinking maybe the Dapper Denim inside was bigger on hers, but I’ll give you my directions and you can alter them if you want. Maybe look her up on Pinterest. She had a broken jar on the inside of her card which is a great idea too! Just sayin’…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Peekaboo Peach, Dapper Denim, and Thick Whisper White Cardstock, plus Fresh Fruit and InColor Designer Series Papers
- Ink: Smoky Slate, Peekaboo Peach, Pear Pizazz, Soft Sky, Soft Suede and Basic Grey
- Stamps: Birthday Banners (sentiment) and Jar of Love
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Everyday Jars and Bunch of Banners Framelits, Scallop Circle Punch, Heart Punch and Linen Thread
- The Peekaboo Peach base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5-1/2″
- The Dapper Denim layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached with adhesive
- The DSP layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached with adhesive
- Stamp then cut the Happy Birthday banner. Attach with dimensionals.
- Stamp the jar with Smoky Slate and Soft Sky for water (stamp water twice). Add bow in Soft Suede and plant in jar in Pear Pizazz stamping three times without reinking. Stamp lid in Basic Gray.
- Cut jar and lid with framelits. Cut an extra jar in Dapper Denim.
- Stamp fish in Peekaboo Peach on scrap Whisper White and “fussy cut”
- Now glue all those layers together with multipurpose glue and attach to card front with dimensionals.
- Inside cut a piece of Dapper Denim 10″ x 3 3/4″. Score at 5″. Mark the center and cut horizontally a line 3″. From your center point vertically mark 1 1/2″ up and down. Score from each point to the end of the horizontally cut line. This creates a diamond shape. Fold the shape toward you and burnish score lines by closing card and the diamond shape folds in.
- Stamp the “For You” on a scrap 2 3/4″ x 1″ and glue to center of base card.
- Stamp the “Best Fishes” on scrap and cut out with framelit. Punch hole in one end and thread a piece of linen thread through hole and make a knot. Set aside.
- Let’s make this cute fish! Cut a 2″ square from coordinating DSP and cut in half diagonally. Fold in center. Glue each triangle over the diamond shape. Cut a scalloped circle and cut away part of the center until you like the size of the “fins” then glue in place. Cut a small heart and glue in place for tail. Now add the “best fishes” banner inside the mouth with a glue dot. Use the owl punch to make the eyes and glue in place. Is he cute or what?
- I used multipurpose glue to place the Dapper Denim layer inside the card. I placed glue everywhere except the diamond shape. Fold your card closed and burnish so that it moves easily when it is opened.
- Cut 3-3/4″ x 1/2″ strips of DSP and place at each side of insert.
Seriously…this is easy if you take it one step at a time. Maybe like mine you will look a little different, but the person receiving it has no idea. It’s your creation!
Hope this post inspires you to give this a try…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I’ll take one of each…
Are you inky yet? Get inky…Be HaPpY!