Actually, Mothers’ Day cards should be the post today (always behind) but instead here’s a Fathers’ Day card for those who will be celebrating next month…
and here’s the inside for you…
This card was made with the same sketch as yesterday’s baby card post. It’s a great layout for using up your favorite DSP or scraps.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Lost Lagoon and Very Vanilla Cardstock plus Going Places DSP
- Ink: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight, Mossy Meadow and Lost Lagoon
- Stamps: Open Sea, Best Dad Ever (sentiment, retired) and Gorgeous Grunge (splats)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Burlap Ribbon, Linen Thread, Candy Dots, Circle Framelits, Argyle Embossing Folder
- The Lost Lagoon base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Very Vanilla layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″
- The first DSP layer is 5 1/4″ x 2″ attached with adhesive to Very Vanilla layer about 1/2″ from the left side.
- The second DSP layer is a 1 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ attached with adhesive to a Very Vanilla layer 1 7/8″ x 4 7/8″. Attach to card front about 1/2″ to the right of the first DSP layer and centered from top to bottom.
- The third DSP layer is 1 3/4″ x 3 1/2″ attached with adhesive to a Very Vanilla layer 1 7/8″ x 3 5/8″ then this layer is attached with adhesive to the card front centered from top to bottom and 1/4″ in from the left side of the first Very Vanilla layer.
- Place a piece of burlap ribbon around these layers and attach at back slightly down from the center. Add all these layers to card front. Tie Linen Thread around Burlap ribbon.
- The 2 3/4″ circle from Very Vanilla Cardstock is sponged with Lost Lagoon and Daffodil Delight. Stamp world in center with Mossy Meadow. Add splats with Gorgeous Grunge in Soft Suede. Add to card front with dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Lost Lagoon 1 3/4″ x 7/8″. Tag one end. Cut a piece of Very Vanilla 1 5/8″ x 3/4″, stamp sentiment and sponge edges. Tag end. Attach to Very Vanilla layer and add with dimensionals (one dimensional on the right side and two stacked on the left side). Add three candy dots to right edge.
- Inside the DSP layer is 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ and the Very Vanilla layer is 3 5/8″ x 4 5/8″. Attach inside card with adhesive.
Hope this will give you some inspiration not only for this card layout, but specifically for Fathers’ Day cards.
Have a great rest of the weekend. See you on Monday!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I do love to read…
And stamp! Get inky…Be HaPpY!