Today’s post was inspired by Buffy Cooper…thanks Buffy! And I have to tell you this stamp set, Beautiful You, in the Occasions Catalog that goes “live” tomorrow is awesome…if you like/love it, you should order it now because I can definitely see this one selling out…just sayin’.
and a peek inside…
Notice the coordinating envelope? And the sponging on the background of the designer series paper? She looks like she’s dancing in a dream…love!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Sahara Sand, Blushing Bride and Very Vanilla Cardstock, plus Falling in Love Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Beautiful You
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: SU! Water Color Pencils, Lace Doilies, Falling in Love Embellishments, Lace Trim
- The Sahara Sand base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Blushing Bride layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- The DSP layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Using a doily and a sponge with Sahara Sand ink pad, sponge over the doily making a light pattern in the background.
- Finish sponging the whole doily with Sahara Sand ink and then cut in half and then cut one half into quarters. Attach the quarters to the top right and left bottom corners with multipurpose glue (you can sponge a light coat on the back by placing a small amount on your silicon mat)
- Add image and sentiment with Archival Basic Black ink. Glue this layer to the Blushing Bride layer with multipurpose glue.
- Cut the lace 16″. Wrap at bottom of the two layers and pull each end through the embellishments until it’s snug. Add a glue dot under embellishments and maybe each end of the lace. Add this piece to card front with multipurpose glue.
- Using the SU! water color pencils, color hat Daffodil Delight and Early Espresso for shading, the dress Calypso Coral and Melon Mambo for shading and her arms and legs a light shade of Calypso Coral. Blend with Blender Pen, Aqua Painter or small round brush and water.
- Inside the Blushing Bride layer is 3-3/8 x 4-3/8 and the Very Vanilla layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black. Add the other half of the doily you sponged with Sahara Sand with a sponge and a small amount of multipurpose glue on your silicon mat. Works like a charm.
- Sponge a Very Vanilla envelope with a doily and Sahara Sand ink pad.
We are having unusually warm weather for January (mid 60s today) and just south of us tornados are happening. The weather has really been strange this past year…
If you would like to buy the supplies to make this card, I’d really appreciate your shopping in my store by clicking on the “shop now” star in the right column.
Tomorrow is a BIG day with the Occasions Catalog going “live” and the free products in the Sale-A-Bration catalog. Yippee!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
and a lot of them.
Stay inky and Be HaPpY!