Has spring finally arrived in your part of the world? There just are no adequate words to describe this season of the year. Everything is so full of life…bursting with color. And noisy, too! Here the birds start singing(?) at 5 a.m.!
My card today is an attempt to show the vibrant colors and atmosphere of the season…
Using an Aqua Painter and Reinker to build a background…
Glamour close up…
Framelit cutouts set up on Adhesive Strips for texture and definition…
And a sweet inside to coordinate with the card front.
Some shade and flowers, sitting under a blooming tree with a glass of pink lemonade…what could be better?
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Early Espresso and Powder Pink Cardstock, plus Water Color paper
- Ink: Lemon Lime Twist, Pink Powder, Soft Sky and Early Espresso
- Stamps: Colorful Seasons
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Low Tack Artist Tape, Season Layers Thinlet Dies, Aqua Painter, Reinker
- The Thick Whisper White base cards is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The Powder Pink layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- The water color paper layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Tape a 1/4″ margin around edges with Low Tack Artist Tape or Painter’s Tape. Add water to the sky area with an Aqua Painter, leaving cloud shapes without water. Drop in Soft Sky Reinker over the wet area using Aqua Painter.. Let the water color paper do its thing. Let dry or heat to dry. Wet a small center layer with water and drop in Powder Pink Reinker with the Aqua Painter. Let dry or heat. Wet the last layer with water and Lemon Lime Twist Reinker and let dry or heat. Using the Powder Pink Marker add splats to card front. Remove tape and attach to Powder Pink layer with multipurpose glue. Lay a couple of Acrylic Blocks on top to weight down the water color paper.
- Stamp five of the flowers in Powder Pink and add centers with Lemon Lime Twist. Cut out with Thinlet Dies. Cut tree branch with die and Early Espresso Cardstock. Add tree limb from top left corner across front of card with multipurpose glue. Add flowers with dimensonals and Adhesive Strips and maybe one flat with multipurpose glue.
- Stamp sentiment in Early Espresso in lower right corner.
- Cut beach chair from Thick Whisper White and add with Adhesive Strips.
- Stamp drink with Powder Pink and Lemon Lime Twist. Cut with die and add to chair arm with Adhesive Strip.
- Be sure and sign your art piece in the lower right corner!
- Add these two layers to card front with Adhesive Strips to lift up your artwork.
- Inside there is a Powder Pink layer 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ with a 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ Thick Whisper White layer on top. Stamp three flowers in Powder Pink with Lemon Lime Twist centers in lower left corner to coordinate with card front. You can also stamp something similar on the envelope.
This set was fun to play with and will work for all seasons…there are fall leaves and snow flakes in this set plus a beach chair! And thinlet dies for everything!
So have you seen the retired stamp and product list? Are you taking advantage of those awesome prices? Remember…it’s while supplies last, so if you have had you eye or heart set on something, be sure to get your order in now. You are more than welcome to order from me by using the “shop now” star in the right column here. Orders are much appreciated!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
how awesome is that?
So come get inky with me and be HaPpY!