Everyday this mantra is sent to you along with the suggestion that inky fingers will make you HaPpY. And it’s true! Better than any antidepressant on the market I always say.
You can only imagine my delight when first seeing this new stamp set…
And that’s not all either. This set comes in two boxes with all kinds of sentiments to go with “happy” and “best”…genius!
To introduce this set on my blog for the first time these two “happy” cards were made for you…
Showcasing the new self-adhesive sequins…
Both notecards are watercolored, but in different ways. This is one of my “go to” doodled borders.
Watercolored “blooms” create interest in the background.
There are five other sentiments for use with the word “happy” plus the second set is “Best” and there are eight sentiments for that set.
Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for these two HaPpY notecards…
- Paper: 3-1/2″ x 5″ Whisper White Notecards and Basic Black Cardstock, plus water color paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Daffodil Delight
- Stamps: Happy Wishes
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: .005 Black Micron Pen (doodled border), self-adhesive sequins, Blends Pens, Low Tack Artist Tape, Aqua Painter or Medium Round Brush, VersaMark, Black Embossing Powder
- The Basic Black CS layer is 3-3/8″ x 4-7/8″ attached to Whisper White Notecard with SNAIL.
- The water color paper is 3-1/4″ x 4-3/4″. Make a 1/4″ border with low tack tape on one piece of water color paper. Wet the exposed surface with spritzer or brush. I used watercolor (Ultramarine Blue) and just touched the wet paper with a brush loaded with color and let it bloom. Start light, you can always add more color. To removed color use a scrunched up tissue and blot. Let dry.
- For the other card I use applied a light coat of Daffodil Delight reinker using the Aqua Painter and let it dry.
- Remove the tape and stamp sentiment in VersaMark ink, sprinkle with black Embossing Powder and heat. This was done on blue card only. The flowers were colored with Blends Pens.
- Attach to card front with multipurpose glue.
- For the yellow background card once dry, lightly draw a line where you want your border. Draw two squiggly black lines over the pencil. Add three dots evenly spaced. See? I knew you could do it! Use a soft eraser to eliminate pencil lines.
- The sentiment on this card was stamped in Archival Basic Black and the flowers were colored with Blends Pens.
- Add those self-adhesive sequins and you are done.
There is one sentiment in the “happy” set that reads “you make me so”. These would make great thank you cards for use after the holidays.
Are you running here and there, cleaning house and cooking in preparation for Christmas? Does you mind keep running in high gear when you lay your head down? Problems we all share this time of year. Wish I had a solution because I’m right there with you.
So my BIG announcement on Monday this week was well received and I’ve been working and planning for the coming months’ online classes. Won’t it be fun? We get to stamp together! It will be just like you are here in the studio with me…Oh! what fun…
We have another day in the high 60s again. I’m loving it!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…Be HaPpY!