Today’s post is a CASe from a card Shelli demonstrated at Leadership last month. I wanted this stamp anyway, but after I saw her card, it just had to be in my stash. Here’s the card…
Are you going “awwwww”…well, that’s exactly what I did when I first saw this stamp. Of course, this is a bee, but mine doesn’t have wings anymore…snip, snip. They can always be put back in case they are needed though.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you just in case you’d like to make a similar card…
- Paper: Crumb Cake Notecard, Calypso Coral and Whisper White cardstock, plus Best Year Ever and Sweet Dreams DSP
- Ink: Memento Black plus Daffodil Delight and flesh Blendies
- Stamp: Baby Bumblebee
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Calypso Coral Pom Pom Trim, Crisp Cantaloupe Cotton Twine
- The Calypso Coral layer is 4 3/4″ x 3 1/4″
- The DSP layer is 4 5/8″ x 3 1/8″
- Attach Calypso Coral layer and DSP layer to card front.
- Cut a 3″ square for “blanket”. Fold the right side corner towards the center folding back point. Fold the bottom corner up toward center. Fold the left side corner to center and wrap to back attaching with glue dot.
- Stamp baby on scrap of Whisper White in Memento Black ink. Color stripes with Blendie. Cut out leaving a 1″ tab at bottom.
- Place inside blanket and attach head with dimensional. Attach Pom Pom with glue dot over the baby’s head.
- Stamp sentiment on scrap and trim ends with Hexagon Punch. Layer with a Calypso Coral layer behind.
- Attach baby/blanket with glue dots and sentiment with dimensional to card front.
- Attach cotton twine with glue dot.
Quick and sweet. Perfect for gift enclosure, would make an excellent baby shower invite or welcome baby card.
Today was a class day for me so it’s been quite busy but lots of fun. I’ll show the cards we did in the next few days. Each one had a specific technique to highlight the card. I think everyone learned at least one new technique today and seemed to really enjoy themselves. Fun for me too!
How is you day been? Hope you had an excellent weekend and got your week off to a great start today. Be sure to stop back by tomorrow to see what’s going on here at RRS…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
The UPS truck causes great commotion at my house ’cause the two fur babies go wild. They love the driver but hate the truck…
Go get yourself inky…and Be HaPpY!