Today’s birthday card includes a little bit of water coloring and leaving out some water coloring. Here’s what I mean…
This method of leaving off color is generally call spotlighting. Here’s a peek at the inside of the card…
Love that Flirty Flamingo color…especially for summer.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you in case you’d like to make this card too…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Flirty Flamingo Cardstock
- Ink: Basic Black, Pear Pizazz, Flirty Flamingo, Watermelon Wonder
- Stamps: Awesomely Artistic
- Tools ‘N Embellishment: Ruched Ribbon Flirty Flamingo, Sequins (from Paper Pumpkin leftovers) and Layered Squares Framelits
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
- The Flirty Flamingo layer is 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″ attached to card front with adhesive.
- The large Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Choose the size layered squares you want to use and cut the smaller one from water color paper and the scalloped one from Flirty Flamingo CS. Place a small amount of adhesive on the back of the water color paper and take most of the sticky off with your finger. Add to card front and stamp image in Basic Black so that the majority of the image is on the water color paper but some extends to the card front. Do the same with the fern leaves at the opposite corner. Using the lid of your ink pads and a Blender Pen paint the leaves and flowers on the water color paper. Attach the water color paper you just colored to your scalloped Flirty Flamingo piece and add to the large Whisper White layer, lining up images.
- Add a strip of the Flirty Flamingo Ruched Ribbon to the card front below scalloped square. Make loops and tie in center with Linen Thread to make a bow and attach to card front over ribbon strip with glue dots.
- Add sentiment in Basic Black.
- Add sequins with multipurpose glue.
- Repeat squares inside similar to card front and add fern leaves to right lower corner.
- Add fern leaves to left lower corner of envelope to coordinate.
I’m so happy you stopped by today and hope you enjoyed this card and the “spotlight” technique. Give it a try with any stamp set.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Get yourself inky…you WILL be HaPpY!