Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday…no shopping, wrapping and tree decorating. Just simply sharing a great meal with family and friends and enjoying each other’s company. It doesn’t get much better than that!
So today’s post is a nod to Thanksgiving and will be sent to those I will not get to see this year…
a peek inside…
This greeting from Paisleys & Posies works perfectly with the Woodland Embossing Folder, Sheltering Tree and Vintage Leaves.
Would you like the Stuff ‘N Digits? Here you go…
- Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla and Emerald Green Cardstock, plus Watercolor Paper
- Ink: Early Espresso
- Stamps: Vintage Leaves, Sheltering Tree and Paisleys & Posies
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Ken Oliver’s Color Burst Pthalo Green, Orange, Lemon Yellow and Alizarin Crimson, Woodland Embossing Folder, Vintage Leaves Framelits, Clear Wink of Stella
- The Crumb Cake base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The Emerald Green layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The top Crumb Cake layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Stamp sentiment in Early Espresso in bottom left corner. Run through Big Shot with Woodland EF. Mark tree indentions with Early Espresso marker.
- On a piece of Watercolor paper spray the Ken Oliver Color Burst powders and spritz with water. You can take color off with a paper towel, turn the paper to encourage colors to interact and even add more of a color before or after the paper dries. The colors will lighten slightly when dry. Cut the largest leaf framelit from Vintage Leaves. Stamp tree from Sheltering Tree set with Early Espresso. Paint leaf with Clear Wink of Stella. Add leaf to card front with dimensionals. Wink of Stella was also dropped over the entire card front. Add bow to leaf with glue dots. Video for bow is here.
- Inside there is a layer of Emerald Green 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ with a Very Vanilla layer on top 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. Stamp half of tree in Early Espresso and add small leaf (made the same as the large leaf) with SNAIL.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Hope your day like mine includes inky fingers and being HaPpY!