Today’s post is answering the challenge at TGIFChallenges to create a card inspired by Bibi Cameron. All I can say is, “Wow!” after perusing her blog here.
If you’d like to join the challenge too, here’s the link.
Inspired by all I saw there, this card was created…
and a close up
She has some beautiful samples and I’d encourage you to check out her blog.
This card was made yesterday when I didn’t know there would be a beautiful rose arrangement waiting for me on the breakfast table this morning! Today is mine and Sweetums’ 50th wedding anniversary! How did that even happen? The rose in the top pic is one from the arrangement…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you on this card…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Calypso Coral Cardstock, plus water color paper.
- Ink: Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight
- Stamps: Birthday Blooms and En Francais (retired background)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Zig Clean Color Real Brush Green, Lt. Green, Yellow, Carmine Red, Pink & Black, Low Tack Masking Tape, Small Tipped Aqua Painter, MISTI
- Cut the Thick Whisper White Cardstock 4-1/4″ x 11″ and score, fold and burnish at 5-1/2″
- Cut Calypso Coral layer 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ and attach to card front with SNAIL
- Cut water color paper 4″ x 5-1/4″. Put water color paper in MISTI and place rose stamp on card front and press with cover. Ink just the leaves of the stamp with Lt. Green. Color leaves in with Aqua Painter. Heat dry. Ink just leaves with darker green and stamp. Use Aqua Painter to move color. Heat dry. Restamp leaves with darker green for distinct outlines. Clean stamp. Ink just blooms with yellow and stamp. Move color with Aqua Painter leaving a few areas uncolored. Ink blooms with pink and stamp. Move color with Aqua Painter holding out uncolored areas. Repeat with Carmine Red. Heat dry.
- Apply low tack tape around flower letting parts stay outside masked area. Sponge lightly with Daffodil Delight and then just edges (not flower) with Soft Suede. Stamp Soft Suede on acrylic block and use Aqua Painter to thin slightly. Add to brush and add splats to card front. I tried to keep mine inside the masked area…didn’t happen! Heat dry.
- Apply Soft Suede to background script stamp and stamp three places inside masking.
- Remove the masking…do your Happy dance! Then position the sentiment on the card front inside the MISTI and stamp with Soft Suede as many times as needed to get a clean image.
- Add water color piece to card front with multipurpose glue.
- Mask a small area inside the card and create just the background from the front of the card. Maybe treat the envelope the same way…
Sweetums and I will be celebrating this evening with a nice dinner out…
Have an awesome weekend…see you on Monday!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I’m still inky…and HaPpY!