See? I told you my November calendar was chocked full of birthdays. This is for a very special, long-time friend who is celebrating a BIG birthday. We will travel to their beautiful lake-side home where their son and daughter-in-law will cook and serve a gourmet meal for about six couples. Should be a wonderful evening so I wanted to make him a special birthday card accompanied by a favorite bottle of vino.
Here’s his card…
Love the fancy fold and the inside…
The world circles were made by stamping the World Map background stamp on acetate with Staz-on Black. The back of the acetate was painted loosely with green acrylic paint, let it dry and punch it out. Then mounted these “world” circles on a Marina Mist circle. I think I saw this technique on Sandi MacIver’s blog here.
Here are the supplies used:
- Stamps: World Map Background, Chalk Talk
- Ink: Real Red, Old Olive, Marina Mist, Staz-On Black
- Paper: Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Marina Mist, Real Red
- Tools: Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Chevron Punch, Large Oval Punch, Circle Punches
- Embellishments: Acetate (for world circles)
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…”Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
So while you are creating your new self, get those fingers inky!