Sunday means the CYCI Challenge and this week it is Designer’s Choice. Most of us are at the SU! convention in Salt Lake City this week having the time of our life after working so hard to get all our swaps, shoebox swaps and gifts made!
This set I’m using today practically jumped off the catalog page at me when I first saw it. This one is right up my alley and a favorite.
Last Saturday for class we created this card and everybody seemed to like this set as much as I did at first glance.
Here’s the card we created…
and because this is a “tunnel card” here’s the inside…
Just in case you’d like to give this card a try, here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Mint Macaron and Whisper White cardstock, plus In Color Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Mint Macaron, Mossy Meadow and Memento Black
- Stamps: Timeless Love (sentiment) and Amazingly Artistic
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Lots of Labels Framelits
Digits ‘N Directons
- The outside Mint Macaron base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The inside Whisper White layer is 5 1/4″ x 8 1/4″, scored at 4 1/8″ (center)
- The inside/inside layer of Mint Macaron is 5 1/4″ x 8 1/4″, scored at 2 1/8″, 4 1/4″ and 6 3/8″
- The vertical layer is 2″ x 4″, the DSP is 1 7/8″ x 3 7/8″
- The smaller layer is 2″ x 1 3/4″, the DSP is 1 7/8″ x 1 5/8″
- Stamp a collage on the card front using Mint Macaron for everything except the ferns use Mossy Meadow.
- Add Linen Thread to bottom of larger vertical layer before attaching to card front.
- Attach vertical layers together with adhesive and add to card front.
- Stamp sentiment with frame on scrap of Whisper White and “fussy cut”, add to card front with dimensionals.
- Stamp the center of the Whisper White layer with Mint Macaron and the sentiment in Memento Black. Attach with adhesive to inside of card front.
- Using the Lots of Frames Framelit, cut out center of inside Mint Macaron layer. Stamp ferns in Mossy Meadow and add small Linen Bow with glue dot.
- Using heavy weight adhesive, attach inside layer at the two side panels to the card. Fold center score toward you as you close the card and side panel scores away from you. Burnish all score lines with bone folder.
Everyone seemed to enjoy this card fold for something a little different. Hope you will give it a try. Let me know if you have questions.
Remember you have until Friday at noon to get your entry into CYCI at canyoucaseit.com Come on over and play along…it’s fun!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Well I’m sniggering at that one…if it’s dark chocolate, forget about it!
Hope you are inky…and HaPpY!