Today’s card is almost neutral…if it weren’t for those Mint Macaron leaves.
See what I mean?
To me green always brightens any color combination…and it’s my favorite color.
This sketch was on Pinterest and I had sketched it in my planner to use at a later date…and today was the day.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Neutrals DSP Stack, Heavy Weight Whisper White cardstock and Tip Top Taupe and Mint Macaron cardstock
- Ink: Memento Black
- Stamps: Birthday Blossoms (leaves)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Circles Framelits, Silver Sequins, Word Thinlits, Floral Frames Collection, Vintage Faceted Buttons, Linen Thread
- The Tip Top Taupe base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Whisper White layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- The first DSP layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Attach these two layers to the card front with adhesive
- The Whisper White vertical layer is 4″ x 2 1/8″
- The second DSP layer is 3 7/8″ x 2″
- Attach these two layers together and then to card front on left side.
- Stamp the leaves on Mint Macaron cardstock and “fussy cut.”
- Cut the three smaller flowers from the framelit.
- Using the Word Framelit and Heavy Weight Whisper White, cut the “hello” out
- Cut a frame with the Circles Framelits from Heavy Weight Whisper White
- With Tomboy Glue set the circle frame down first.
- Add the leaves with Tomboy Glue
- Set the largest flower down with Tomboy, the second layer with a dimensional and the third layer down on top with another dimensional
- Thread the button with Linen Thread and tie a bow. Add to flower center with glue dots.
- Dab Tomboy Glue to the “hello” and place at an angle over the leaves and circle.
- Add sequins with Tomboy.
- Inside I have a 3″ x 4″ Whisper White piece with a strip of the DSP at the bottom and three sequins at the bottom.
Because I had the sketch to refer to, this card went together quickly. I think I’ll make a Smoky Slate one now…
Hope your weekend is just what you need. Next week I’ll be in Salt Lake City….EEEEEEK! Can you tell I’m excited?
Check for daily snapshots and info on my facebook page at Rambling Rose Studio. This blog will be up and running while I’m gone too.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Not really…but my nerves are a little frayed working to be sure all my ducks are in a row before taking off Tuesday. It’s all good stuff…
I’m inky and HaPpY…are you?