This will be my third post with the new Dragonfly Dreams Bundle. Honestly, there are so many more ideas for this bundle in my head I think I could do a couple of weeks without repeating myself.
But you want to see more new products from the Occasions Catalog and Sale-A-Bration, right?
Alrighty then, this will be the last of the dragonfly series for now…but be prepared for more!
and inside looks like…
This card is a good example of how squirrely my mind gets while working on a card idea. The truth is this piece of really pretty water color paper was lying on one of the table tops and it just kept calling to me. When the idea came to do a flock (is it a flock?) of dragonflies in these gorgeous colors, my mind immediately jumped to building a background for them to fly on. And then what sentiment and what about some glamour?
So here are the Stuff ‘N Digits to explain the process…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Emerald Envy Cardstock, plus water color paper.
- Ink: Emerald Envy, Archival Basic Black, Soft Sky
- Stamps: Dragonfly Dreams, Gorgeous Grunge (splats) and By The Tide (script)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Baker’s Twine Trio Pack Gold Cording, Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits, Seasonal Decorative Masks, Ken Oliver’s Color Burst or SU! Reinker
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Emerald Envy layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8
- Spritz a piece of water color paper with water and spray Color Burst color pigment in your color choice and let the paper do the work for you. If you don’t have the dry pigment, add drops of reinker in your color choice on the spritzed water color paper. Let dry. You can use Heat Gun.
- The top Thick Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Stamp Gorgeous Grunge splats in Emerald Envy diagonally from bottom right corner twice. Add a light layer of Soft Sky using Seasonal Decorative Mask and sponge to the background center right. Add script from By The Tide in Archival Basic Black about 2/3 way up from bottom right side. Add sentiment in Archival Basic Black to lower left side. Attach this layer to the Emerald Envy layer with SNAIL.
- Attach the gold cording around the top of these two layers with SNAIL. Make a bow with several loops from gold cording and tie in center. Attach to top center with glue dots. Add to card front.
- Cut the dragonflies from your water color paper and attach with small dots of multipurpose glue.
- Inside the Emerald Envy layer is 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ and the Whisper White layer is 4-1/8″ x 3-1/8″ attached with SNAIL. A little bit of masking and sponging with Soft Sky and some Gorgeous Grunge splats in Emerald Envy at the bottom right will coordinate with the card front. You could also add this to the envelope!
Building a multi-layered background for your stamping is a great way to create interest. If you’ve never tried it, give it a go and see what you think.
Realizing there were daily complaints about the drought in our area, I am inclined not to mention we have gotten multiple inches of rain in the last week and things are floating away. Just sayin’…
Thanks so much for stopping by today. Hope to see you here again tomorrow…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
does that mean you eventually grow up?
In the meantime…stay inky and HaPpY!