Not the designer series paper but the Washi Tape was used to make today’s post which I would call an “all occasion” card…
Of course this Washi Tape coordinates beautifully with the designer series paper of the same name, but today I’m just using the tape. Here’s a peek at the inside…
Both the Affectionately Yours and the Swirly Bird stamp set used on this card will be available next Tuesday! I’m showing four of the tapes, but there are five different designs in the pack.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for this card…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Dapper Denim
- Ink: Dapper Denim, Real Red and Emerald Envy
- Stamps: Swirly Bird
- Tools ‘n Embellishments: Swirly Scribbles Thinlets, Affectionately Yours Washi Tape and Corner Rounder Punch
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″. Round four bottom corners of card.
- The Dapper Denim layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″. Round two bottom corners and attach to base card with adhesive.
- The top Thick Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″. Round two bottom corners. Stamp “splats” in Dapper Denim and small flowers in Real Red. Add three layers of Washi Tape vertically toward right side of card then three layers horizontally below center of card front. Attach to base card with adhesive.
- Stamp small flowers in Dapper Denim and leaves in Emerald Envy on scrap Whisper White cardstock and cut with thinlets. Add leaves with glue dots, two flowers with one dimensional and the center flower with two dimensionals.
- Inside there is a Dapper Denim layer 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″. Round bottom corners. Add a Whisper White layer with adhesive to the Dapper Denim layer that is 3 3/8″ x 4 3/8″ with the two bottom corners rounded. Add a piece of Washi Tape horizontally at the bottom of the Whisper White layer, then stamp leaves and flowers.
Isn’t it cute? And the great thing about this cute card is you can add just about any sentiment you need and it works!
Have you ever seen a cardinal baby bird? We feed the birds here and love watching them. Right now we have several nests in our yard and this Weeping Cherry tree seems to the favorite spot for mom and dad to park their babies while they “shop” for food to feed them…and this cherry tree is right smack in front of one of our windows. So we get a front row seat.
Here’s what the little one looks like…
Awwww…I know, its so sweet. When he/her head is turned, you can already see the tuft at the top. And the tail is already showing reddish. He/she was nonchalant about getting the pic made. Even naps a little waiting on dad with food. So far I haven’t seen mom feeding. Maybe a little vacation after the “hatching”.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Get inky…Be HaPpY!