This monochromatic Christmas card may be traditional but still carries a punch…
maybe it’s the snowflakes…
or maybe it’s the gold satin ribbon…
whatever it is…it works!
and a peek inside.
Yesterday I gathered up all the Christmas cards made so far (no duplicates) and there are 33! I think two a day might be the rule for the next month!
Here is the Stuff ‘N Digits for this one…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Gold Foil Cardstock plus Winter Wonder Textured Impressions Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Hearts Come Home
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 5/8″ Gold Satin Ribbon, Swirly Snowflakes Thinlits Dies, Linen Thread
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score, fold and burnish with Bone Folder at 4-1/4″.
- Cut two pieces of Gold Foil. One at 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ and the second at 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ for the inside.
- Cut top DSP layer at 3-3/4″ x 1-3/4″. Add to Gold Foil layer at top with SNAIL.
- Cut lower DSP layer at 3-3/4″ x 2-1/2″ and add at bottom of Gold Foil layer with SNAIL.
- Add snowflakes cut from Gold Foil. I used SNAIL. Trim sides.
- Wrap a band of ribbon around this layer where the two DSP patterns overlap. Attach on back with SNAIL.
- Add Gold Foil/DSP layer to card front with SNAIL.
- Make a bow with several loops then tie center with Linen Thread. Add to bank at right with glue dots.
- Inside SNAIL smaller Gold Foil layer down centered. Cut Thick Whisper White layer 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black then add with SNAIL over Gold Foil.
- Cut one snowflake from Gold Foil and add with SNAIL to bottom right corner.
So I have two more posts before leaving for convention in Salt Lake City. I’ve prepared three more to run next week, but don’t have one ready for Friday of next week yet. Would you rather I prepare a normal post or have a live session/interview (with other demos) on Friday from convention? I’ll go with the vote! This will also tell me who reads to the end of the post!!!!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY!