Tomorrow I will be MIA. Sweetums and I will be trekking to Nashville to hang out with my daughter, g’daughter and new great g’son, Henry! I will, however, have a post tomorrow for you to enjoy.
With all the meanness going on in the world, especially today in the UK, it’s nice to be able to step back and remember to enjoy life when you can.
And today’s post reminds me there are ways to make someone else’s day just a little sweeter…
and a close up…
making the cooking utensils dimensional…
and the inside layers…
In addition the envelope was lined with the gingham!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Sweet Sugar Plum Cardstock plus Oh So Succulent Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Smoky Slate
- Stamps: Perfect Mix
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 1/4″ Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Lace Doilies, Oval Framelits, Medium Hole Punch
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- Make a pattern for this apron by cutting a piece of scrap cardstock 3-7/8″ x 5″. Fold in half lengthwise and mark at 2-1/2″ from one end. Using an Oval Framelit placed on the folded cardstock at the 2-1/2″ mark, cut through both layers to create the apron top. Use this pattern piece to trace on DSP and cut out your apron.
- Punch to holes at top of apron with Medium Circle Hole Punch. Thread one end of 1/4″ Very Vanilla ribbon from back to front and tie a knot. Thread through second hole from back and tie another knot. This ribbon was about 5-1/2″ to begin with.
- Cut another piece of DSP 2″ x 3-1/4″. Add SNAIL to three sides leaving the top open and attach to front of apron. Add contrasting DSP to top of pocket 1/4″ x 3-1/4″ with SNAIL. Cut doily in half and add to front of pocket under DSP trim piece with multipurpose glue.
- Stamp oven mitts on contrasting DSP with Archival Basic Black and “fussy cut”. Add one inside pocket and one outside pocket with dimensionals.
- Add stitching around three sides of pocket with Basic Black Marker.
- Stamp other utensils on scrap Thick Whisper White. Color with Smoky Slate, Crumb Cake and Blushing Bride markers. Fussy cut and add to apron pocket with dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black at top left corner.
- Add apron to card front with SNAIL.
- Inside there is a layer of Sweet Sugar Plum 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ with a Whisper White layer 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ attach on top with SNAIL.
- The envelope was lined with the DSP gingham to coordinate with the card front.
Over the weekend I met some delightful stampers at a retreat and was thrilled to share how to make one of my cards with them…
Now that’s a group of “happy stampers”!
Have you seen the additional items you can earn FREE for every $50 purchase while Sale-A-Bration last (March 31st)? Click here for the entire list…awesome!
I’d be every so grateful for your order…just click on the “shop now” star in the right hand column to order. I do send every online order customer a personal thank you card.
Thanks for stopping by today…Here’s your “B-ism”…
and keep those fingers inky…you’ll be HaPpY!